3rd Gen Picture Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
lD3AKp7.jpg Zh4JxLI.jpg

I had to add a 4th row to mine since we got custody for 4 more kids. Total now is 10. Eventually want to do more to my truck but that has slowed for some reason. :rolleyes:

I would like to have android auto in my truck but I am not spending the swap money.
Where did you find/how did you add a fourth row?

Reaction score
Where did you find/how did you add a fourth row?
https://www.discountvantruck.com/suv3rdrowseats/expeditionsuv3rdseats.htm

I had to do some modifying but I made it work and the little ones have decent legroom back there.

I did have to create a support bracket because I have well back there that had storage. So I took some 2" flat iron and made something to bolt it to, then welded the nuts to the frame for added support. I did get the quick connect brackets.

Deanom

Reaction score
Nice rig! How long? How much does it weigh? How’s your expy do pulling it?

33 foot, round 6,400lbs.

16 limited with tow package. Heading towards az after Hover Dam averaged 75-80mph whole time.

What really impressed me was being cut off, and loosing all momentum on a 40 degree hill. Dropped under 55, yet still had the ability to pull back up to 70 with ease allowing me to show my appreciation to the driver.

Nothing even got close to overheating, tranny ran little over 5c higher than normal.

The only thing I've drove before to compair was a deuce n a half in Iraq. Pulled a modified 5k ish conex type "I cant sleep in a tent, I'm a fullbird" sleeping quarters for a few hundred miles.

Night and day difference powerwise. Then again when you don't stop for anything in your way. Power becomes relative, I suppose.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I swear those two tone EL’s look longer than the solid color buses. I like the bigger look.

I agree, it bolds the horizontal baseline of the Expedition EL and you notice the extra wheelbase. I like the solid color buses too though, the Ruby Red on yours is very rich and vibrant in color. I also enjoy Mossback’s truck with the all Black appearance. This is why it’s good we don’t all drive the same thing!

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Navigator but they are 90% Expy and the Navi forum is too slow. I just came from an Excursion and almost got an Expy but sprung for the Navigator. I have been on this forum for an hour but was a mechanic so hopefully I can contribute.