3rd row mounting hardware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm researching installing the 3rd row seat in an 04 Expedition. Here's the situation:
I bought a former fire department SSV which came without the 3rd row, so I don't even know what is supposed to be there. I found a used one on ebay, but they don't offer the mounting hardware. I have to mount my new grandkid's baby seats back there this christmas. AutoZone couldn't be bothered to look up the bolts; I'm waiting to hear back from the Ford dealership.

What bolts, etc., do i need to mount the left side of the 3rd row seat (https://www.ebay.com/itm/282787415224) , and where can i get them?
thanks for your time.
jg

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE
I scored a complete seat out of EB 2nd gen for less than 150, including the swivel adapters needed to get to all the bolts.
Then, I discovered the shoulder belts I was sweating were already there behind the body panels, needing only to be threaded. Last issue is figuring out which bolts go where - I took everything they had; they didn't know what went with the seat or what, so I just took all they were willing to part with. When yours get here, I'll probably have enough for three cars.
But, they are 2 different sizes and I have never seen it installed. So I'm going to have it figure it out. Any input would be very helpful.
thanks very much for your time.
jg

Plati

Reaction score
UPDATE
I scored a complete seat out of EB 2nd gen for less than 150, including the swivel adapters needed to get to all the bolts.
Then, I discovered the shoulder belts I was sweating were already there behind the body panels, needing only to be threaded. Last issue is figuring out which bolts go where - I took everything they had; they didn't know what went with the seat or what, so I just took all they were willing to part with. When yours get here, I'll probably have enough for three cars.
But, they are 2 different sizes and I have never seen it installed. So I'm going to have it figure it out. Any input would be very helpful.
thanks very much for your time.
jg
I assume you can post some pictures … later … when its all good!!

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I absolutely will. I'm embarrassed to say I'm still not finished. I lost yesterday to a stripped bolt because it's been so long since I had a wrench in my hands in never occurred to me to stop fighting it and just pull the damn thing out and look at it!
so, now, the left seat is in place and all the bolts for the left side are in;needing only to be squared up and tightened.
i think i mentioned the shoulder bolts I was so worried about were a snap.
the fun continues.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View media item 7018View media item 7017View media item 7016
Ta-daa!
The one with the green sleeve should be rotated 90 degrees right. I'm pointing at a bolt on the side of the frame that holds the motor (out of sight, under the seat). this bolt should be removed to get to the mounting bolt under it. likewise for the one on the left.

other than that, the only other caution was do NOT tighten any bolts until they are ALL in. or else.
Oh, also, the longer mounting bolts are the ones that go in the bracket holding the motor.