4 High / 4 Low Dash Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonhall

Reaction score
Ive been putting off fixin a wheel bearing issue for a few weeks...well, my wife told me that recently, the 4 high and 4 low dash lights have been coming on and off randomly. today, i tried out the 4wd, and no lights came on, and this got me thinkin...is it possible that my expy is in awd / 4wd right now and havent realized it, and the "roaring" sound i hear at 55mph+ is the transfer case making sounds? i jacked up the truck, and neither wheel was loose, both very tight. other than going off road, how can i see if its in 4wd or 2wd right now?

K5rnt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try pulling fuse 115 that is the one that controls the shift motor.

a6cd08f0-ea68-cf19.jpg

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jon, What does the switch say on the dash? Do you have a 2WD setting? Mine has 4 settings:

2WD
A4WD
4 High
4 Low

When in the A4WD setting, the system automatically engages the 4WD system if it senses wheel slipage. Perhaps your bad bearing is causing the ABS sensor to show wheel slipage?

OP
OP
J

jonhall

Reaction score
mine has the same 4 settings. when i turn the switch, nothing happens...no dash lights, not sounds from transfer case...nothing.

RyanHall

Reaction score
So I noticed this weekend my 4x4 high light doesn't turn on either. 4 low comes on just fine. Clunk from shifting into low but no noise whatsoever when switching to 4hi. I too have all 4 settings. Any ideas?