4th Gen Amplifier Install Locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HILLY

Reaction score
In the planning stages of upgrading my stock basic Sync setup. Just looking for install ideas of where some have already installed amps. I'm sure the common areas are under the front seats.

Looking for any additional areas of creativity (behind trunk paneling, etc.).

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the factory amps are installed in the 4th gens, but here's how I did my 3rd gen (just to give you some ideas):

OP
OP
HILLY

HILLY

Reaction score
I'm not sure where the factory amps are installed in the 4th gens, but here's how I did my 3rd gen (just to give you some ideas):

Thanks for that link. I think I have heard similarly that the 4G has a similar space available behind the quarter panel. Might be more in there for me since I don't have a factory sub.

I do have space behind the dash as well. I did an install to amplify my center channel with a Soundstream Stealth amp that fit no problem. I may explore that for the door amps, and sub amp where the factory sub would be.

APExpo

Reaction score
Have you had any issues with it overheating? It's an enclosed space with no airflow, which is usually frowned upon for amplifiers. If not..thats a great place...and keeps it hidden from would be thieves.
I haven’t had any issues. You could always cut some of that plastic to open it up and get some more ventilation if it’s a concern.