4x4 Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, it's clear to me...lol, because you are wrong and so is Sungirl. None of those parts on an Expy are turning up front when you are in 2WD, plus they DO use more gas, power, and wear parts.
Yeah they are actually, I had video footage of the front CV arms spinning while in 2WD when I was diagnosing a noise I had up front two years ago. It’s called pre emptive on demand AWD. All components move I 2WD from the fluid pressure being loved around in the cases

Plati

Reaction score
Opinions are like AZZHOLES
Everyone has one and THEY ALL STINK

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well sungirl that's interesting. I am new to this auto 4wd stuff and it looks like that middle wet clutch doesn't completely let go of the driven discs so there is some turning of the front shaft etc. I'm not going to claim to be right here, I think I am too used to my Excursion that had nothing turning in 2WD................dam! :emotions122:

Last edited:

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well sungirl that's interesting. I am new to this auto 4wd stuff and it looks like that middle wet clutch doesn't completely let go of the driven discs so there is some turning of the front shaft etc. I'm not going to claim to be right here, I think I am too used to my Excursion that had nothing turning in 2WD................dam! :emotions122:
Finally you’ve realized you have no reason to be giving info out about anything newer than 2014

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally you’ve realized you have no reason to be giving info out about anything newer than 2014
OK mellow out, 90% of mechanics have never changed. Were you ever a mechanic or did a lot of drag racing.........no. You are out in left field on some of your terminology which always gives novices away. I thought you were going to be nice so you don't get banned again.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK mellow out, 90% of mechanics have never changed. Were you ever a mechanic or did a lot of drag racing.........no. You are out in left field on some of your terminology which always gives novices away. I thought you were going to be nice so you don't get banned again.
Just stop, you’re embarrassing yourself and really showing your age

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my 2000 Expy had 4A, 4Hi and 4Low (NO 2WD option). My brother in law drives it now and it has never had a drivetrain issue and it is of course always in 4A. Just sayin....