5.4L code p0307

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcat

Reaction score
2000 Navigator 5.4L code p0307

I know its cylinder 7 but for the life of me i dont see the coils. I see the fuel injectors though. Any assistance would be appreciated

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Coil On Plug Packs have a flat surface

Google " Coil On Plug Expedition " and you will see what you need to know.

OP
OP
F

Fastcat

Reaction score
Im sorry but i forgot to mention its a 32v.... Navigator

OP
OP
F

Fastcat

Reaction score
One my question. I got the coil off and im about to go buy a new one. If that fails to solve the missing problem, the spark plug is the most likely cuase. Im nervous about removing it becuase ive heard too many stories of stripping the head. So is there a guaranteed way i wont become a victim of this? I need my mind put to ease

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
One my question. I got the coil off and im about to go buy a new one. If that fails to solve the missing problem, the spark plug is the most likely cuase. Im nervous about removing it becuase ive heard too many stories of stripping the head. So is there a guaranteed way i wont become a victim of this? I need my mind put to ease

I believe the spark plug ejection issue is limited to the 2v heads. The 2v heads had low thread count in the spark plug bosses.

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
toms89 is correct the blowing out spark plugs is the 2V. I have only ever seen one case where the 4V had one blown out, but i don't know if they had just removed the spark plug in order to make the noise for someone to believe them.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could have a bad injector on #7 too btw. fill it up and use some Lucus fuel stabilizer, if you notice a change, than replace injector