5 Day old Timberline with troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAPatt

Reaction score
I've had my Timberline for 5 days now. This morning after getting in and driving for a bit I noticed when I got a text and went to listen to it that the sound came from the phone and not the truck. I tried to reconnect but it would not work. Then I noticed that the navigation map was in the wrong place (50 miles away) and I could not turn on the stereo. I went to settings and saw that the sound & audio buttons were grayed out.
I researched it and found others have had the same problems with the system, I tired all the different resets, turned the truck off and etc. and nothing worked.
I drove to the dealer and they took if right back to do a master reset and hard update. After 15 min they came back and said it needs a new audio and sound module. Not sure why that would have anything to do with navigation, but they said it does.
Hopefully the part comes quickly.

T

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like an APIM (or at least that's what it was on my model). Took six weeks to get one for me earlier this year. Sounds like something that would make me pretty angry at this point.

gohogs

Reaction score
had the same issue with my 17 f150, the APIM is the computer that controls all of the touch screen and bluetooth functions. I'm now on my 3rd one in 5 years and 220k miles. replaced them at 65k, 120k so far.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had my Timberline for 5 days now. This morning after getting in and driving for a bit I noticed when I got a text and went to listen to it that the sound came from the phone and not the truck. I tried to reconnect but it would not work. Then I noticed that the navigation map was in the wrong place (50 miles away) and I could not turn on the stereo. I went to settings and saw that the sound & audio buttons were grayed out.
I researched it and found others have had the same problems with the system, I tired all the different resets, turned the truck off and etc. and nothing worked.
I drove to the dealer and they took if right back to do a master reset and hard update. After 15 min they came back and said it needs a new audio and sound module. Not sure why that would have anything to do with navigation, but they said it does.
Hopefully the part comes quickly.

T
That sucks man. Well hope you like it other than that!

OP
OP
T

TAPatt

Reaction score
On Dec 1st the part finally came in to fix my (15") screen issues (Navigation in the wrong city, no radio, no CarPlay, cannot connect cell, no sound). I dropped it off and they the had it for a couple of days.
But no luck, they installed the new part but it would not take the programing. But now the screen is worst, now it's just black.