6" fabtech and air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinman

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and need help. I have a first gen exp with air ride. I also have a fabtech 6" lift and running 35s. I would like to get rid of the air ride and go to shock and coils. Problem I run into is front air shocks... What can I replace it with without breaking the bank. Any help is appreciated.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I Had air on mine and then had to buy TRQ struts for replacements. They cost me less than $150

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I had air suspension. So I priced components separately and then then had all parts put on at that time

OP
OP
Tinman

Tinman

Reaction score
Are the struts for a 6 in lift? If so can u send info on them and maybe pics please

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No The struts were put on there as replacements for my air struts and then my mechanic crank my torsion bar up high enough so that my control arms and other components won’t stretch and I was able to put 35 inch tires on my truck

OP
OP
Tinman

Tinman

Reaction score
Oh gotcha....well thanks for ur help...back too looking I guess

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the way QA1 also makes struts for any length that you need that are just like TRQ.
And they’re located in Minneapolis where I’m from right now