6inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fla904

Reaction score
What do I need to do for a six inch lift 37s regear etc. 23 platinum already has the 3/2 lift still looks stock and has a rake. Money no factor what needs to be done to make it happen? I’ve looked everywhere no answers. I know it can be done but how?

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call up your local custom automotive fabrication shop and ask for them to take a look and quote you a price. No one makes an off the shelf kit to do such a lift. What you want to do requires custom fabrication to keep all of your steering and driveline geometry within spec.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The front will accept most parts that fit a F150 Front. The issue is the Rear.

Take a look at the video or your own Expy. You will notice a SIGNIFICANT issue with lifting the rear. The rear half shaft goes through the rear frame. In order to maintain the correct angle, the pumpkin should be lowered, then if the suspension droops, well, you can guess what would happen. Also, there is the issue of the rear links. You will notice when you put the 3/2 on the rear wheel moved forward. Relatively easily solved with proper links. The real issue is the Frame. It would need to be cut, and reinforced in some way. That is why you haven't seen anything taller for the Rear of anything in the Expeditions for a LONG time.

Custom shop is the only option, and prepare for serious surgery, and VERY deep pockets to do right. It will never go back.

Also, I have seen a 3/2 on the 4th Gen and it does not have a rake. Park on level ground and do some measurements. It is the angles of the body playing tricks on you. That being said, if you want more lift out of the front, pull the 3 Inch puck in the front, and go with Icon's kit. Should be adjustable to get the stance you want. Also the adjustable Bilsteins for the 150 are an option. Search on here, others have used them.

Are you doing this for looks, or function?

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Several threads here discussing all of this. Here is just one...

I suggest you do some reading.

Here is Rough Countries 3 Inch kit. Fixxes some of the geometry issues, if you are going for Function. Also, all of this means getting rid of CCD if you have it.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure? This should be fun to watch
Anything is possible with $$,$$$ and custom fabrication costs may even exceed the actual value of the vehicle.

If you do decide to have it custom lifted 6+ inches, start a new thread that shows the build progress. While it’s not something most of us would do, it may be a great learning experience for all of us, to see what’s needed to lift an expedition beyond the 2/3 ready lift or rough country lift kits.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Indeed, with enough welding/fabrication skills, or money to pay someone else to do it, anything is possible.

case in point:
53056765488_461504f293_b.jpg

that started life as a Corvair Lakeside ...
scan141.jpg

but now sports F350 axles front and rear with 5.13 gears, a beefed up LS engine, double reduction transfer case for crawling gears (4L is like 5:1 reduction), and 42" wheels. It doesn't exactly have a frame (the Corvair was unibody) but its chassis has been heavily beefed up with welded steel plate.