6r75 bulkhead connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mkbruin

Reaction score
Not looking forward to this.

Did you fill the fluid to the top then run engine and top it off?

What did you use to pump the fluid back in?
The easiest way to fill it back up:

Drill 2 holes in the lid of the ATF jug.

Insert two lengths of 1/2 poly tube. One just barely inside the lid, the other pushed through the lid to reach the bottom of the jug.

Set your air compressor to less than 10psi, blow gun attachment. Connect the tube just barely inside the lid to the blow gun.

The tube at the bottom of the jug runs to the fill port on the transmission.

Squeeze the trigger. The 5-10psi puts air pressure at the top of the jug, the fluid tries to escape and is pushed through the hose into the transmission. You can fill all 7qt in about 5 minutes with zero effort.

OP
OP
M

mkbruin

Reaction score
Not looking forward to this.

Did you fill the fluid to the top then run engine and top it off?

What did you use to pump the fluid back in?

After dropping the pan, fill 5 qt with the vehicle off.

Start the truck, shift through all gears, pausing in each gear. Put it back in park, keep the engine running.

Slide back underneath, you should have approximately two more quarts to install. Begin filling, stopping occasionally to check the fluid level on the dipstick. Careful you don’t burn yourself on the exhaust.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After dropping the pan, fill 5 qt with the vehicle off.

Start the truck, shift through all gears, pausing in each gear. Put it back in park, keep the engine running.

Slide back underneath, you should have approximately two more quarts to install. Begin filling, stopping occasionally to check the fluid level on the dipstick. Careful you don’t burn yourself on the exhaust.
Did you cut away the heat shield?

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am so glad that I found this before starting. Saved a lot of time and frustration. Now just have to remove the giant stain from my driveway since my pan fell off before it was done draining, completely my fault though, thought I had more threads in there and loosened it more.