6r75 bulkhead connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkbruin

Reaction score
two weeks ago I did a transmission filter and fluid fill on my 08 with a 6r75.

When I dropped the pan I noticed the fluid level was already low, no waterfall of atf.

Drove for a week and was fine. Left for vacation for six days, and came home to a puddle of atf underneath.

Did the 6r75 have the same bulkhead connector issues as the 6r80? Or could this just be a bad pan gasket?

It looks like as the case looses its suction when sitting that the fluid is finding as exit somewhere below the fill line.

C03B2256-6CE0-448F-B6ED-C0BF3C3DF30D.jpeg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Check around the connector for weeping. Same setup as the ones that leak. The problem is that some transmissions had inferior o-rings on the connectors. I've seen them on some that weren't recalled.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
two weeks ago I did a transmission filter and fluid fill on my 08 with a 6r75.

When I dropped the pan I noticed the fluid level was already low, no waterfall of atf.

Drove for a week and was fine. Left for vacation for six days, and came home to a puddle of atf underneath.

Did the 6r75 have the same bulkhead connector issues as the 6r80? Or could this just be a bad pan gasket?

It looks like as the case looses its suction when sitting that the fluid is finding as exit somewhere below the fill line.

View attachment 72881
I’ve had the EXACT problem on my 07. It doesn’t leak when I’m driving it daily. But if it sits for a few days…I find a freaking puddle.
Bulkhead connector is what I suspect. But I didn’t know if the 07’s had that issue like the 09-10 did.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve had the EXACT problem on my 07. It doesn’t leak when I’m driving it daily. But if it sits for a few days…I find a freaking puddle.
Bulkhead connector is what I suspect. But I didn’t know if the 07’s had that issue like the 09-10 did.
Funny, I noticed fluid at the back of the pan. Traced it to the bulhead sleeve. Looks like a tight squeeze getting it out.

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is very tight. Been a little while since I had to do this. I think it is a $20-35 part. Not too terrible just confined. I think I watched a fordtechmakuloco video

OP
OP
M

mkbruin

Reaction score
I can't seem to locate a part number for the 6r75. Would anyone happen to know the PN for the connector?

Darkhorse16

Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s the same for your ‘08 as it was for my ‘15. But I used TCPA02 from Standard Motor Products. It’s called a “Conductor Plate” on RockAuto, only $15 bucks.

The bummer is you’re going to lose half your transmission fluid since you have to pull the pan to change it. I did it preemptively while I was changing the transmission fluid and filter.

Quick tip that might help you, that I figured out while fighting through it: the tolerance was extremely tight for me, didn’t just push in despite lubing the o-rings with trans fluid. I inserted the open end of a 22mm deep socket into the connector, it fully seats on the sides without bending any pins. With the socket in there, you can use a big screw driver or pry bar and apply smooth, even pressure to fully seat the new one.

Last edited:

Brons2

Reaction score
I replaced my bulkhead connector also, started leaking about 2 weeks after I bought mine. I replaced my pan gasket at the same time because some of the rubber had come apart, wasn't planning on that so I had to run to the Ford dealer in the middle of the job. I also had to run to Harbor Freight to get some wobble extensions to get some of the pan bolts back on. I also misinterpreted some of the lights when I was going to check the computer by turning the key to On after doing the job, it was just a Not Ready code when I was going to on and nothing to do with the job being done incorrectly, however, that wasted even more time because I uninstalled and reinstalled the sleeve again cause I thought the computer was freaking out.

I'm about 6'7" 300 so wigging under there made it more time consuming, even on jackstands. I imagine if you're a little guy you can probably do it without jacking up the vehicle. Not me.

I think overall with the extra trips and reinstallation and big dudes wiggling around on the garage floor it took me about 7 hours. Wife was pissed cause I said it would take like 2 hours. Haha oh well.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced my bulkhead connector also, started leaking about 2 weeks after I bought mine. I replaced my pan gasket at the same time because some of the rubber had come apart, wasn't planning on that so I had to run to the Ford dealer in the middle of the job. I also had to run to Harbor Freight to get some wobble extensions to get some of the pan bolts back on. I also misinterpreted some of the lights when I was going to check the computer by turning the key to On after doing the job, it was just a Not Ready code when I was going to on and nothing to do with the job being done incorrectly, however, that wasted even more time because I uninstalled and reinstalled the sleeve again cause I thought the computer was freaking out.

I'm about 6'7" 300 so wigging under there made it more time consuming, even on jackstands. I imagine if you're a little guy you can probably do it without jacking up the vehicle. Not me.

I think overall with the extra trips and reinstallation and big dudes wiggling around on the garage floor it took me about 7 hours. Wife was pissed cause I said it would take like 2 hours. Haha oh well.
Not looking forward to this.

Did you fill the fluid to the top then run engine and top it off?

What did you use to pump the fluid back in?