7/8 inch lugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Egerman

Reaction score
Just curious if this has happened to you. Have a 2017 extended and experienced a flat tire. First time to use the supplied kit that came with the vehicle. The lug nut wrench did not fit the lugs on the Ford logo rims. Too small. Seems to need a larger size and lucky I did this at the house and not on some back road. Had socket wrench to fit. 7/8 worked.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The lugs swell. It was discussed in a recent thread. They're normally 21mm but will get larger. I had to use a combination of 21 and 22 mm sockets on mine when I replaced my pads and rotors. I wound up replacing all of the lugs as well.

https://tinyurl.com/yfu8jk99

Richard Nall

Reaction score
That just happened to me. Had to use a larger socket to rotate my tires on my 2017 with 60k miles. Ridiculous, Ford should be better than this.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, bought a new set of gorilla wheel nuts of eBay for $80. Will see if that fixes the issue long term..