$900 for 60,000 mile maintenance checkup...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just contacted my local Ford dealer to schedule my 60,000 mile maint checkup as described in the service book and they quoted me $900 for this. I said "why does it cost so much?" "the 60,000 checkup just list things to inspect and no actual "work""" he said that the checklist includes new tranny fluid, Plugs (im assuming spark plugs) etc. lol Are they just saying they will replace the tranny fluid/plugs but wont actually do it and am I being scammed because the plugs aren't even part of the 60,000 checkup according to my Fordpass and manuel lol

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like typical dealership ripoff job. Call around for quotes from other dealerships and independent mechanics. Specify exactly what you want done to get an accurate quote.
Indeed . I think it's blasphemous they quoted me $900-$1000 when I asked how much the 60,000 maint service is. and charging for unnecessary services. I doubt they would have even installed new plugs or changed the fluid. Plus, $900 to change out plugs and tranny fluid is a rip off on its own. Crazy

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$900 will be cheap once they start "Finding stuff" that needs fixing.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like too much to me, a transmission fluid service and plugs with a checkup should run about $400-500. They won’t be with your vehicle more than 2 hours. If that’s what things are going to cost when I’m at 60,000 miles you’ll find me doing it myself in the driveway on a weekend. I may not drive beaters anymore but im not too proud to hop under it for $900 lol.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like too much to me, a transmission fluid service and plugs with a checkup should run about $400-500. They won’t be with your vehicle more than 2 hours. If that’s what things are going to cost when I’m at 60,000 miles you’ll find me doing it myself in the driveway on a weekend. I may not drive beaters anymore but im not too proud to hop under it for $900 lol.
lol indeed. Im just shocked that they tried to scam me. The service advisor didnt even know that 60,000 shouldnt include new plugs and tranny service. I had to try to educate him before he was quick to get off the phone with me as he knew once I was questioning and knew i wasnt another victom of their tactics

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just contacted my local Ford dealer to schedule my 60,000 mile maint checkup as described in the service book and they quoted me $900 for this. I said "why does it cost so much?" "the 60,000 checkup just list things to inspect and no actual "work""" he said that the checklist includes new tranny fluid, Plugs (im assuming spark plugs) etc. lol Are they just saying they will replace the tranny fluid/plugs but wont actually do it and am I being scammed because the plugs aren't even part of the 60,000 checkup according to my Fordpass and manuel lol
I will run away from that dealer asap. They will do mostly pencil whip and charge $600

stars_fan

Reaction score
Ford does recommend plugs and transfer case fluid change at 60k if you look at the special operating conditions.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford does recommend plugs and transfer case fluid change at 60k if you look at the special operating conditions.
Thats if your vehicle is operated in that environment. The ford dealer should know we aren't in the desert..?

Last edited: