'98 Expediton Roof Leak Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have cleaned out the drain tubes on a few Expys. I use a can of compressed air. Please do not use your air compressor as this outputs too much pressure and can lead to popping of the drain lines. I build up the straw of the air can using some masking tape. This will allow you to get a good seal on the opening too as the tape will deform a little bit as you press the straw against the opening. I also use a little bit of water to act as a "hammer" to help push the blockage out. Once you get things flowing, I use a water pitcher and pour about 2 quarts of water through each opening to flush whatever may be left out.

OP
OP
E

Eraser74

Reaction score
I found the front drain tubes & cleared them. Still haven't been able to find the rear ones. Does anyone have a pic of the rear tube location?

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your roof really shouldn't be leaking that bad, i don't even have the drain track bar in my moon roof anymore because it fell off. The drain track is that cross piece towards the rear section of the room that makes it so you can't close the roof cover with the moon roof open. There is a tolerance for the seal between the roof and the glass seal that you should be in in order for it to seal correctly. I believe the glass seal should be .008" to .012" (inches) below the roof seal. My truck can go through a car wash and it will barely let water in but that's it.

Firepuppy

Reaction score
leaking sunroof

hi everyone i had the same problem i found my rear rain trough pushed back in and the rain ran down my visor and i also found the sunroof track broke so i ordered the replacement parts and proceeded to drop headliner wasnt bad but it took me awhile then i dropped the sunroof out of the truck cause inorder to fix track i had to disassemble the whole thing to replace it i then went to the drain lines and yes there is 4 drain lines one in each corner i blew into them and found three was clear but the 4th one i coundnt get any air into it so i thought it was clogged i tried everything and could not get it free so i decided to find the hose running down the inside of the rear door and to my amazment i found the house was pinched between the inner and outer frame i freed it up and now it works good and i put it all back together but my concern is when i close the sunroof the rear middle of the sunroof sticks up higher than the roof can someone send me a picture of the rear of the sunroof closed on there vehicle from the front on a 2002 ford expedition eb
thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65