A/C Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexJ

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the a/c on my 2010 Expedition. Shortly before it quit, it started clicking behind the dash. I replaced the Blend Door Actuator, which took care of the clicking and it now allows me to adjust the temp warmer, but it does not cool. The clutch on the compressor is not engaging and, from what I've read, you need the compressor running to add refrigerant.

I don't know anything about a/c systems, but I've been searching for advice and now I'm even more confused. I don't know if the problem is low pressure, the clutch itself, something in the electrical system, or a completely different problem. As I mentioned, my knowledge is very limited, so I appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer and the more details/explanation the better!

Thank you!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. What is your mechanical background and do you have a dmm plus know how to use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Presley98