About to buy a 2008, what else to look/listen for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conti

Reaction score
I drove it yesterday, and it ran pretty good for 173k miles...no hesitation/stumble.
Started it up cold, no rattling and no ticking, no creaking or groaning (not me, the truck).

The price is right, compared to every other 2007-08 XLT around here with under 200k miles.

I don't know if it's had a tune-up/coils replaced - but the dealer nearby said "we have
5 techs here who are pretty good at not-breaking plugs, it shouldn't be too bad"

New tires, pads, rotors, aftermarket radio/backup cam... Everything seems par for the course - including the rusty rockers.

I needed to hop on the deal quick, so no mechanic check - any other red flags before i pick this thing up in about 4-5 hours?

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove it yesterday, and it ran pretty good for 173k miles...no hesitation/stumble.
Started it up cold, no rattling and no ticking, no creaking or groaning (not me, the truck).

The price is right, compared to every other 2007-08 XLT around here with under 200k miles.

I don't know if it's had a tune-up/coils replaced - but the dealer nearby said "we have
5 techs here who are pretty good at not-breaking plugs, it shouldn't be too bad"

New tires, pads, rotors, aftermarket radio/backup cam... Everything seems par for the course - including the rusty rockers.

I needed to hop on the deal quick, so no mechanic check - any other red flags before i pick this thing up in about 4-5 hours?

Nope, enjoy. If everything else felt good then go for it. Keep in mind they’re essentially an F150 with an IRS. If everything serious felt good then I would pull the trigger. Rusty rockers can be replaced cheaply. Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk