about to set 1999 expedition on FIRE, HELP please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tgivs

Reaction score
Just spoke with my friend, he doesn't have the scanner with him and im about to go offahore for 2 weeks but we gonna knock that out when I return!

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have a faulty TPS. Youtube has several vids on how to test, very simple on a ford

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you suspect the tps, connect up your friends scanner and watch the reading change for that sensor as you press on the pedal. You would look for voltages out of range, no voltage or a dead spot that will either drop off or stay flat for that section.

OP
OP
T

tgivs

Reaction score
I just got back home from offshore, totally removed an xleaned throttle body, seafoamed it and cleaned maf. And STILL doing it! Whats the best gas to use to set it on fire with? Unleaded? Hahaha

I guess I can check this throttle thing out now.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got back home from offshore, totally removed an xleaned throttle body, seafoamed it and cleaned maf. And STILL doing it! Whats the best gas to use to set it on fire with? Unleaded? Hahaha

I guess I can check this throttle thing out now.

Kerosene would probably work best haha.

mpsjr

Reaction score
Just want to ask a simple question that I might have missed the answer to earlier in the thread, but what brand fuel pump did you use? When mine died, I went through 3 Airtex pumps that all did what you're describing. If I tried to accelerate from a rolling stop, my truck would fall flat on its face. I eventually went back to a Motorcraft pump ($$$) and that fixed the problem.