AC Pressure Relief Valve woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
110 degrees outside
I think we have found the problem.
All kidding aside, don't those numbers look a little high? let some refrigerant out and see if you can get the air coming out the vent a little colder.

OP
OP
H

heuster

Reaction score
I think we have found the problem.
All kidding aside, don't those numbers look a little high? let some refrigerant out and see if you can get the air coming out the vent a little colder.
They are VERY high - I stopped at 60oz and let it run for a while. It was still pretty high and wasn't blowing very cold so I finished adding the extra 2oz to see if it would blow colder. At 60oz, and not blowing cold enough, I would think that if adding more didn't help, then taking more out than the 60oz isn't going to help much? Is that sound logic? I will def take some out if that's what sounds best until it gets down around the 50lb range, but that ended up being only about 4 cans(48oz) of refrigerant. I was watching the numbers pretty good while I was filling it. Could it be a compressor issue now?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you re-use your old condenser ? They're very hard to clean out after a compressor failure and usually just get replaced. But anyway. Try spraying cool water from the garden hose into the front of the Expy, enough to cool the condenser, and see what your pressures do and the affect on your dash vent outlet temperatures. If you see a significant drop, you need to replace the condenser with a new unit.

OP
OP
H

heuster

Reaction score
Did you re-use your old condenser ? They're very hard to clean out after a compressor failure and usually just get replaced. But anyway. Try spraying cool water from the garden hose into the front of the Expy, enough to cool the condenser, and see what your pressures do and the affect on your dash vent outlet temperatures. If you see a significant drop, you need to replace the condenser with a new unit.

Brand new condenser. Brand new everything else except the compressor that has a couple thousand miles on it

SafariGoneWrong

Reaction score
If the condenser wasn’t replaced after the first compressor grenaded, replace it and all lines prior to the expansion valve or fixed orifice tube. Our condensers aren’t flush friendly—small passages unlike older ones that had finned tubes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani