Adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just for another crazy quirk, Yesterday I was reading up on the fact that if you open the doors, the "Fake engine noises" shuts off, so I popped the door open a jar at about 5 mph and was ready to step on the gas and listen, but instead the F'd up computer threw it into park while it was still going 5 mph and basically tried to shear the "pin" off inside the transmission as it clicked and stripped to a stop. I funny understand that the door open at speed is bad, but I don't need it to tear up my transmission trying to babysit me, soooo stupid.
BTW when the engine sounds are OFF, it is SOOOO much quieter. I'm going to delete this stupid roar that they pump thru the speakers.

How do you turn off the stupid sounds?

Jkpinatl

Reaction score
The ACC on the Expy is fantastic. Drove through downtown Atlanta today and it does a wonderful job of slowing when needed and accelerating back to the set speed when traffic allows. At no time does it slam on the brakes when a car pulls in front of you so long as the car is matching or exceeding your speed. Not sure why there are comments on this happening though it seems the person is commenting on their experience with a 6 year old vehicle of a different model. The driver assist features on this are fantastic so far.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ACC on the Expy is fantastic. Drove through downtown Atlanta today and it does a wonderful job of slowing when needed and accelerating back to the set speed when traffic allows. At no time does it slam on the brakes when a car pulls in front of you so long as the car is matching or exceeding your speed. Not sure why there are comments on this happening though it seems the person is commenting on their experience with a 6 year old vehicle of a different model. The driver assist features on this are fantastic so far.

I generally agree. My only complaint is approaching a stopped car (I.e. I’m coming up to a red light with people already stopped)...it takes WAY too long to start applying the brakes and then has to hit them too hard. Freaks my wife out when she’s with me and she always says “you’re letting the car drive for you again, aren’t you?!”

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I generally agree. My only complaint is approaching a stopped car (I.e. I’m coming up to a red light with people already stopped)...it takes WAY too long to start applying the brakes and then has to hit them too hard. Freaks my wife out when she’s with me and she always says “you’re letting the car drive for you again, aren’t you?!”
The only time I let the car do all the stopping is when I’m in traffic, it’s amazing! Thankfully I don’t often get caught in bumper to bumper. For red lights I do it the old fashioned way.

two0seven

Reaction score
Just for another crazy quirk, Yesterday I was reading up on the fact that if you open the doors, the "Fake engine noises" shuts off, so I popped the door open a jar at about 5 mph and was ready to step on the gas and listen, but instead the F'd up computer threw it into park while it was still going 5 mph and basically tried to shear the "pin" off inside the transmission as it clicked and stripped to a stop. I funny understand that the door open at speed is bad, but I don't need it to tear up my transmission trying to babysit me, soooo stupid.
BTW when the engine sounds are OFF, it is SOOOO much quieter. I'm going to delete this stupid roar that they pump thru the speakers.

Already done this. Forscan is great!

How do you turn off the stupid sounds?

Forscan

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop the auto shift into park when the door is opened but still allow it when you press the start/stop button?

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you open the driver's door with your seat belt off, it will automatically shift into park. I do this when I launch my boat. I find it difficult to wear a seat belt when backing a trailer. I wear it at all other times.

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you open the driver's door with your seat belt off, it will automatically shift into park. I do this when I launch my boat. I find it difficult to wear a seat belt when backing a trailer. I wear it at all other times.
Weird. Thanks. I'll try that at a red light.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk