Adaptive cruise question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

veedub

Reaction score
My ‘21 XLT FX4 has automatic collision braking but it doesn’t seem to have adaptive cruise control. I figured these two systems would utilize the same hardware? Probably no way for a dealer to add this feature?

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ACC is awesome. IF you want to override to pass, just press to go pedal.

I think it works really well.

I even think it works as well as ACC on our tesla.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My ‘21 XLT FX4 has automatic collision braking but it doesn’t seem to have adaptive cruise control. I figured these two systems would utilize the same hardware? Probably no way for a dealer to add this feature?

On the hardware question, you could compare the related parts using two VIN’s on parts.Ford.com. Another good resource is to check out the f150 forums. I believe there are people who have added ACC to f150’s that had regular cruise. You would probably have to look at ‘20 or earlier f150’s.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2 features should go together. One possibility is that vehicles without ACC have a basic forward collision braking, not the complete system.

Stretch70

Reaction score
Had the same question- I didn’t know (wasn’t told) the difference between CoPilot and CoPilot+. I really wanted the adaptive cruise, and seemed reasonable that it would use same sensors as collision braking