Adding blind spot sensors 2016 xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red423

Reaction score
I have the 202a pkg and it does not have blind spot sensors, anyone install an aftermarket and are happy with it??? I have had this off lease for less than 3 weeks. (42k miles), today the 306 code came up #6 ignition failure, ran it to Dealer (ford) and they told me to fix it will run me 100.00 deductible plus a spark plug. This exp was Factory Certified, with additional warranty, also have the extended warranty and they claim it's on me. Factory Certified warranty says it's covered, (not plug but coil pack) now they claim injector may be bad. Kept car overnight. I am thinking damn I have possessed the car for less than 3 weeks they supposedly did 170 pt check, and I am on the hook for repairs?? hmmmmmmm so I am guessing that ford certified program is useless and we are going back to rip off dealers who promise the world and don't deliver...........took three weeks to get the second Key FOB, nice job with the inspection deal huh?? LMK on the sensor kit I am setting this one up for our kid it will be her first car to use......thanks red

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If powertrain related, you are covered 100% with no deductible up till 60k miles. If they are trying to charge you $100, take it to another dealer. You only pay the $100 deductible on a CPO vehicle if you are outside the factory 60k mile warranty but less than 100k miles. I think there is also a 12 month 12k mile bumper to bumper warranty included with CPO which has $100 deductible so maybe they are trying to run the warranty claim that way. Spark plugs could be considered "wear" items which typically are not covered but the plugs in an expedition are "supposed" to last 100k miles and so should be covered by powertrain.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I've always knew a CPO has to come with 2 fobs. Not just be promised a 2nd. But yeah sounds like it should all be warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65