2022 Expedition Max Limited blind spot/ cross traffic sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabama

Reaction score
Ever since buying in September, randomly Blind Spot/Cross traffic sensor has been popping up. Took it to local dealer (not one I purchased from) and they said it was a sensor update that needed to be done. Within days, same warnings plus pre-collision. Made another appt. They just told me the wires to the sensor are “chewed” by something and it’s not covered under warranty. Charged me $150 for “diagnostic” fees since warranty doesn’t cover it.

I think this is lies and since I didn’t buy from my small town dealer they just want to make money. If it was chewed, then why didn’t they catch it the first time!? Any ideas? I’ve made an appt in December for the dealer I bought from an hour and half away.

Thanks

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a bunch of chewed wires on my Navigator a few years ago — all sorts of warning lights randomly went on and off. I thought the truck was having some kind of seizure. $1,500 repair to replace wires and wiring harnesses; trouble disappeared.

I put a pair of these in the engine compartment of the Expedition; don't know if they work or not but so far no chewed wires......

ScreenSnapz102.jpg

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ever since buying in September, randomly Blind Spot/Cross traffic sensor has been popping up. Took it to local dealer (not one I purchased from) and they said it was a sensor update that needed to be done. Within days, same warnings plus pre-collision. Made another appt. They just told me the wires to the sensor are “chewed” by something and it’s not covered under warranty. Charged me $150 for “diagnostic” fees since warranty doesn’t cover it.

I think this is lies and since I didn’t buy from my small town dealer they just want to make money. If it was chewed, then why didn’t they catch it the first time!? Any ideas? I’ve made an appt in December for the dealer I bought from an hour and half away.

Thanks
Did you ask to see the chewed wires?
If it’s legit, they will usually credit back the diagnostic fee if you use them to do the work for the repair.

OP
OP
A

alabama

Reaction score
I did not. Didn’t find out till they wanted to repair it, and I was too pissed they said it wasn’t covered under warranty. They didn’t notice it the first time when they did the supposedly fixed it with an “update”

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not. Didn’t find out till they wanted to repair it, and I was too pissed they said it wasn’t covered under warranty. They didn’t notice it the first time when they did the supposedly fixed it with an “update”
animals chewing wires is a real thing, and their first step in solving electrical issues is to make sure all the most recent and relevant updates are applied.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire