Adding BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I plan to run my own LED on the door trim. Mirror is way more money than I care to spend. I hope someone else will see these new posts and say do this and it will work. I am all ready in a couple hundred and don't want to give up.

If you don't care to lose auto-dimming on the driver side, they make aftermarket mirror glass for $50 a pop

Ken Speulstra

Reaction score
I also share that belief but in terms of part number integrity it's nice to keep it "Factory"

and possibly the firmware version loaded on different ford model (BLIS module) could present some compatibility issues with the rest of the network (which isn't very complex on the 15-17 Expedition .. Ha !)

I personally don't care about "Factory". I want it to work. I don't have money laying around to test my theory but would love to try. On a side note, I was also thinking of the auto mirror fold but it looks like that requires the DDM and PDM. I wonder if that would still work. The mirror adjust currently goes directly to the DSM but if you look at the wiring diagrams for other models, these pins are left unconnected on the DSM and connected to the DDM. Which means the mirrors are commanded across the CAN bus instead of wiring directly to the DSM.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I plan to run my own LED on the door trim. Mirror is way more money than I care to spend. I hope someone else will see these new posts and say do this and it will work. I am all ready in a couple hundred and don't want to give up.
I personally don't care about "Factory". I want it to work. I don't have money laying around to test my theory but would love to try. On a side note, I was also thinking of the auto mirror fold but it looks like that requires the DDM and PDM. I wonder if that would still work. The mirror adjust currently goes directly to the DSM but if you look at the wiring diagrams for other models, these pins are left unconnected on the DSM and connected to the DDM. Which means the mirrors are commanded across the CAN bus instead of wiring directly to the DSM.

Yes indeed , we have a whole Thread about this unfortunately

Ken Speulstra

Reaction score
Yes indeed , we have a whole Thread about this unfortunately

I will have to check that out. I was also thinking I could build something to detect the lock switch and "hit the fold button". I am an Electrical Engineer by trade. Fairly easy to design. Wouldn't cost as much as the door modules either.

Last edited:

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where did you get your SOD modules? Did they come out of an Expedition or a different Ford vehicle? Or, were they brand new? Did you initialize your SOD modules before installing them in your Expedition?

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SOD threw me off for a little while .... lol

Side Obstacle Detection ;)