Adding remote start to '14 Limited

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by oldpaddy, Feb 7, 2019.

1. oldpaddy

oldpaddy Full Access Members

I was talking to a mechanic today and he mentioned that it's possible that my expy has the remote start and all the I have to do is have the dealership turn it on and reprogram my fob.
    That doesn't sound right to me.

2. talonfxr

talonfxr New Member

Easiest thing to do to find out if you have the module is to look under your dash at about the 7 oclock position to the steering column. There should be a module connected to a big green plug. If its not there and the plug is hanging I've found the modules new on ebay for around $100. Then all you would have to do is plug it in and program it to the vehicle, which all the instructions can be found at the top of the 3rd gen forum in the second sticky note.

oldpaddy likes this.
  3. oldpaddy

Just looked and I don't have it. I was watching a video online and the guy said it's not a plug and play module. That I'll have to splice into wiring. Is that true?
    Thanks

4. bloodhound

bloodhound Full Access Members

Yes that is true. '15 and up are much easier. I too have a '14 Limited. I may just break down and get the Viper remote start.

oldpaddy likes this.
  5. oldpaddy

What makes our 2014's so weird? Same year f150's had a better sync version, the not so easy remote start install, and our shocks are different than other years. I found the last one out when I went to install the 3/2 lift kit and the shocks looked different in the instructions from what I had. The shocks make installing the spacers very difficult.

6. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

I just purchased a 2013 Ford Expedition that had a remote start kit added.
    There are a couple of different versions, but the one on my Expedition is a
    "Remote Start, One-Button 100 Series - Ford (AW3Z-19G364-A)". You can purchase online for about $230.00 and they are a kit that can be installed in 2013 and 2014 Expeditions.

oldpaddy likes this.