Adding Stealth features? Plastidip / Wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlespsu

Reaction score
Hi All. I have a 2020 Limited Special Edition package, but I really love the look of the stealth package (my wheels are 22" black painted in the SE package).

Has anyone undertaken a wrap or plastidip several trim pieces? The ones i need to do immediately is the grill, the roof rails and sidesteps. Way too much chrome for me.

Which is better, wrap or plastidip? Any advice?

Thanks!

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had aspirations for this and have been lazy. I think it depends, though. If it's me I think a dip or maybe even a strip and paint of a removed grill and other greyish plastic would be best. Wrap for c pillar and roof rails... Again, I've just left it stock and an less likely to do this as time goes forward. Just enjoying it stock, cheers!d6f3c550cbb2f5f81f9ab53985143289.jpg

StealthyD

Reaction score
4a3ab180eb8f1a694f9a92d11794fe47.jpg
Mine is a stealth and I went with Wrap to get the final chrome trim pieces blacked out.

Gloss black on the grill and C pillar and then Satin Black on the chrome stripe around the bottom of windows. I usually do this stuff myself, but this go around I just had the dude that did the ceramic coat do the wrap as well.

Think the wrap alone was 3-400$. The grill takes some time. And if you have an all chrome grill or anything other than black that you want black... well, it’s gonna take a LOOONG time.

You may be better off just buying a stealth grill.
Headlights won’t be cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4a3ab180eb8f1a694f9a92d11794fe47.jpg
Mine is a stealth and I went with Wrap to get the final chrome trim pieces blacked out.

Gloss black on the grill and C pillar and then Satin Black on the chrome stripe around the bottom of windows. I usually do this stuff myself, but this go around I just had the dude that did the ceramic coat do the wrap as well.

Think the wrap alone was 3-400$. The grill takes some time. And if you have an all chrome grill or anything other than black that you want black... well, it’s gonna take a LOOONG time.

You may be better off just buying a stealth grill.
Headlights won’t be cheap though.

That looks sick @StealthyD... [emoji41] only thing that bothered me/the wife about the stealth trim was that red stitching on the interior... A non starter for us. If they'd do a stealth without it, that's the way we'd have gone.

StealthyD

Reaction score
That looks sick @StealthyD... [emoji41] only thing that bothered me/the wife about the stealth trim was that red stitching on the interior... A non starter for us. If they'd do a stealth without it, that's the way we'd have gone.

Yep. I agree. Though it’s growing on me now, I was having a hard time with it at first. I’d much rather have all black. But I love this thing so damn much that I’m just over it haha

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never wrapped anything in the past, I realize it depends on who does it and how its done (as well as weather etc), but what's the life expectancy on this stuff? it looks great but I'm not really into temporary things or things that have to be redone every year or two.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i’ve got 3m1080 that’s lasted 7 years on one vehicle - not one outer body wash needed since. - and just wrapped our new ‘19 limited in 3m2080. IMO stuff is as good as it gets for the workability & longevity - body, pillars, whatever -

StealthyD

Reaction score
i’ve got 3m1080 that’s lasted 7 years on one vehicle - not one outer body wash needed since. - and just wrapped our new ‘19 limited in 3m2080. IMO stuff is as good as it gets for the workability & longevity - body, pillars, whatever -

I second this. Unless you are getting the DipYoirCar.com guy to platidip you’re stuff I’d say wrap is the most durable route to go. And in my experience with Dip in the past, when/of it chips then you gotta touch up and it doesn’t look as good. IF wrap chips or peels just have them redo it. Most places that professionally do wrap will warranty their work.