Adjustable CCD Sensor Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of these and they arrived quickly. Nicely packaged. Each pair was even shrink wrapped together with installation instructions to mark the angle of the CCD arms.

I didn't know about them until after the Readylift kit was installed. How can I determine what the angle of the CCD arms should be adjusted to?

Links.jpg

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly I wish I could help. Surprised there is nothing in the instructions to show you, do they have a website where they might have info? Did you check the usual YouTube's? But I would normally say to put them up next to the stock ones, use a sharpie, and somehow highlight the current angle. Trouble with that though is the whole point of these is that the lift may change the geometry, which is what your trying to compensate for.

Or, I have a magnetic angle measuring tool, any chance you could attach that to some and figure out the current angle, then install the new one one at a time and make them match?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All four factory links are the same length. Go with 0.50” shorter on the front and 0.50” longer on the rear. If I remember right the factory link are 4" center to center. I can't remember what member posted about the dealership doing a ride height/CCD recalibration. I want to have this done to see if it makes a difference. I couldn't tell a bit of difference after adding the links. The new CCD Ready lift only addresses the front links . Let us know if you can tell a difference.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve never been able to measure the stock ride height and sensor angle relative to horizontal to put that info in the instructions. Not all trucks seem to be the same either.
I started out making rear links for rear air to lift them, then a top suspension shop in Utah and Texas got a hold of me and had me make a bunch for CCD Expys and raptors. They are adamant that those sensors need to be in their factory operating range and angle otherwise they move erratically at severe angles.
I wasn’t gonna argue with him so I keep making them at night here and there one set at a time.

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very helpful info!

I got the rears on today. Adjusted them .25" longer that stock so 4.25" center to center. Still have to do some measurements.

Ran out of time so didn't get a chance install the adjustable links on the front. The fronts do have the ReadyLift sensor brackets.

Read through the entire thread that YD mentioned. Also, found "Ride Height Calibration routine" in another thread:

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I have been able to determine by looking at and measuring a number of Expeditions, is that the factory link to sensor arm angle is nearly 90 degrees in most all cases. I would adjust my links to that as a starting point. A Utah truck builder also told me that that puts the programmed numbers nearly exactly where they were before the lift.
See pics:
IMG_4752b.JPGIMG_4753b.JPG

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a note to everyone. There's a guy running around in here advocating you don't need my adjustable links when using the Readylift sensor relocating brackets. It's "almost" as if he works directly for Readylift... Anyway, there are two well known builders in Texas and Utah that swear both front and rear sensors need to be in the exact location and angle they were designed to operate in in order to produce the best ride and operation. Everything the truck knows and does comes through the sensor inputs. My mechanical designing has me working directly with electrical engineers and we all agree with that position.
Also, Readylift isn't the only lift out there, my links allow you to use any of them...
If you feel you don't need these, it really doesn't matter to me, I have way too much to do with a 70hr/wk job anyway. I myself don't have a truck with CCD. Mine is an older lifted KR. I made these originally to lift older models with air suspension and those two builders convinced me to design these for them so they could build trucks with CCD's. If you do want these, I'll do my best to make yours before midnight in my garage and send them in a few days.
Thanks everyone!

OP
OP
K

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what the front left and right look like w/ the ReadyLift brackets.
FrontLeftCCD.jpgFrontRightCCD.jpg