After market throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julius

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2014 Expy XL 5.4 3v and put a flow master 40 series, a complete airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and it feels good. I'm thinking about putting a bbk 80 mm throttle body on it so I can have a better throttle response. My question is if I do put a bigger throttle body would I have to get my expy tuned? Or should I just not get the throttle body and just get it tuned?

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, it would definitely need to be tuned for the larger TB. That being said, the factory one is already fairly large and I don't believe it's a restriction. I would put your money elsewhere.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2014 Expy XL 5.4 3v and put a flow master 40 series, a complete airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and it feels good. I'm thinking about putting a bbk 80 mm throttle body on it so I can have a better throttle response. My question is if I do put a bigger throttle body would I have to get my expy tuned? Or should I just not get the throttle body and just get it tuned?
I have a 2011 and have not been able to find a larger throttle body. That said mine I tuned and just cleaning the TB made a hell of a difference on my vehicle.

OP
OP
J

Julius

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I wont buy a throttle body, instead I'll invest in a tuner programmer