aftermarket towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2012 expy and was looking at the towing mirrors, has anyone bought them yet, looking for feedback, fit, operation, ect. thanks

scobar

Reaction score
I bought a set of "ebay" mirrors for my truck in an attempt to save money. They are nothing like OEM quality, I would suggest to stick with OEM.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
McKesh strap-ons have worked for me the past 15 years same set, just renew the rubber pads. Mine are set to 6" wider on each side than the trailer. If the whiskers fit the body will fit.

I store them in the camper along with the WDH drawbar. Hook up and go.

-- Chuck

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have the $250ish ones from Trailridge / 1A Auto (manual fold, manual extend, no turn signals no reflectors) that seem to be styled after recent years' F150 factory optionals.... so far so good.

Lenses are pretty nice.

Bolted down tight doesnt seem to shake or anything.

1510508725565706784474.jpg 15105087695601697578841.jpg

Powerfold woulda been nice to have though....and the double price for Expedition mounts (F150 base is a different shape) is kinda annoying

Also I daresay they ought to stick a reflector on it or chrome it, probably easy to not notice it protruding off a parked/oncoming truck at night

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the K-Source ones that have dual lenses. They work fine and I store them in the camper. You need a friend or spouse to help you adjust the RH one. They pop right off once you get to your destination too. Good luck!

OP
OP
mrford60

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OEM dose not make towing mirrors, thank you Adieu those are the ones I was looking at.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will second what Adieu said about the 1AAuto ones being a solid choice. I have them on my '15 (except mine have the turn signals under the bottom mirror) and they've been great for me. I do have a little bit of lens shake, but it isn't enough to make me second-guess my choice.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about them. I really like the look better than the factory mirrors on my 17. I can find everything but power fold. I waited 3-1/2 years to get power fold mirrors and I'm not willing to give them up at this point. I have the BS, turn, puddle, and remote adjust, just need power fold and I'd pull the trigger. I've been thinking of buying the Super Duty mirrors and trying to make them work with the Expedition. It might be a waste of time and money but...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about them. I really like the look better than the factory mirrors on my 17. I can find everything but power fold. I waited 3-1/2 years to get power fold mirrors and I'm not willing to give them up at this point. I have the BS, turn, puddle, and remote adjust, just need power fold and I'd pull the trigger. I've been thinking of buying the Super Duty mirrors and trying to make them work with the Expedition. It might be a waste of time and money but...

I don’t see any way of them working. The mirrors on my SD are just way to big at the base for them to fit on my expy. They also only telescope in so far and sit out further than the ones shown here they’d look really bulky. The ones here look like a better fit. The mirrors on the F-350 take up that whole gigantic low swoosh area at the front of the window. The 1A ones with turn signals are nice.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see any way of them working. The mirrors on my SD are just way to big at the base for them to fit on my expy. They also only telescope in so far and sit out further than the ones shown here they’d look really bulky. The ones here look like a better fit. The mirrors on the F-350 take up that whole gigantic low swoosh area at the front of the window. The 1A ones with turn signals are nice.
I wonder if there is a way to adapt them to the expedition base. It might take machining some brackets out or aluminum.

I wish there was a motorize the Trailridge mirrors. I'd probably add a chrome painted shell to the top half of the mirror to simulate the stock.