AGS Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it possible to delete the AGS (Active Grill Shutter) on my 2021 Expedition???

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it possible to delete the AGS (Active Grill Shutter) on my 2021 Expedition???
Yes, remove the shutters, but why? It helps the motor warm up under cool temps and increases the MPG on the highway. If you get a tune, your tuner will adjust to increase airflow under certain conditions.

OP
OP
Rednecked

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, remove the shutters, but why? It helps the motor warm up under cool temps and increases the MPG on the highway. If you get a tune, your tuner will adjust to increase airflow under certain conditions.
Here in AZ no need for shutters. I need as much airflow and cooling as possible.

I can’t just pull a plug?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here in AZ no need for shutters. I need as much airflow and cooling as possible.

I can’t just pull a plug?
No because the shutters would still be there. If you are going to do that, it is no advantage. It will open when it is hot. Yours is probably hardly ever closed. If you really want the most airflow, physically remove the shutters. Even in the open position, they do have a small footprint. Leave the motor, and remove the actual shutters, and the computer will never know the difference.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
When did this become an option? I’ve never heard of them having these.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Are these visible from the front of the vehicle? I’m curious to know what they look like.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They’re not easily visible from the front. If you get right up close, you may be able to see the shutters. I’ll need to double check but there should be shutters for the main opening and another set for the lower inter-cooler opening.

OP
OP
Rednecked

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They’re not easily visible from the front. If you get right up close, you may be able to see the shutters. I’ll need to double check but there should be shutters for the main opening and another set for the lower inter-cooler opening.
Use a flashlight you’ll see them. The whole front end has window shutters

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use a flashlight you’ll see them. The whole front end has window shutters
I Searched google real quick and it seems the expedition uses the F150 shutters. I remember my F150 had the top and bottom grill shutters. I had to pull the bottom one completely out to fit my AVF intercooler as it was two times thicker than the stock unit. It’s not too difficult to remove the bottom one, a few bolts and disconnecting the plug and it’s out. It never threw a code with the lower shutters removed.