Air Mattress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjc3usa

Reaction score
I searched high and low for the perfect(fit) air mattress (EL). I measured the rear bed a few times and decided to try Napier Sportz air mattress. Double size.

Sportz by Napier

It fits perfectly. The specs label it as 52" wide and the interior is slightly under 52". With all seats down and the rear hatch closed, I had no problems folding up a second row bucket seat. The rear hatch might not close again though as the mattress was pushing on the door. Also, do not lift the 2nd bucket seat as you will find getting out challenging.

The mattress has 3 ports for airing up:
The usual beach toy pinky sized air valve. If you use your mouth to try and inflate one of these, you will certainly need a lay down.

Second is a dual purpose port. The first cap removes to allow filling up. Inside is a valve the prevents air leakage while filling. Removing the air valve allows for VERY rapid deflation. I would suggest not having anyone on the mattress when you unscrew this one.

Third is a built in air pump. There is a cap retainer off to the side so you can use your hand or foot to inflate. I used my hand and it took about 5 minutes of pumping off and on to operate. It uses the air pressure inside the mattress to lift the air bag. The first minute you have to try and pull the air bag open to get enough air in to properly inflate. There is no foot operation when the mattress is waist high. There are enough 12v accessory ports around the vehicle that filling won't be an issue.

I can forget the tents, noisy neighbors, or sharing. Unfortunately, there is no moon roof above the 3rd row.

Walt.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would have been nice to have something like that in my old Blazer back in High School lol.

Good find though, great if you are out camping alot or just don't want to pay for hotels on long road trips.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love it. I used to crash out in the back of my Ram 1500 on an air mattress when traveling cross country. Slept under a sleeping bag with a Colt defender .45 basically duct taped to my hand lol.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i remember correctly i've fit a coleman queen size air mattress in mine. makes sleeping alot easier. and nuts the center console and middle sit that moves all the way forward is used for :hump: and the sunroof makes so you can just use the center console. :D

offroadexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hahaha!! Ive used the back of mine for :hump: on more than one occasion, and let me tell ya an air mattress would make things much more comfortable..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: