Air Ride System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012EL3RDGEN

Reaction score
It has come time to replace/upgrade suspension on my 2012 expedition el limited with factory air ride. I am thinking about possible upgrades as this system seems bouncy. Wondered if anyone had done this and what recommendations you had?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A simple Google search will provide many options, or even look on here, its been discussed for 10 plus years

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It has come time to replace/upgrade suspension on my 2012 expedition el limited with factory air ride. I am thinking about possible upgrades as this system seems bouncy. Wondered if anyone had done this and what recommendations you had?

Does it only have the bags in the back?

OP
OP

2012EL3RDGEN

Reaction score
Thanks, google gives two very different opinions on the subject. In addition it is discussed here but mostly when people have issues with the front or back not inflating and then quickly moves on to talking about girls or guns. Not bad topics just not what I am looking for. If there is one discussing what I am asking I am all eyes. Mine inflates and rides decent just the rear seems to be very bouncy especially on the highway and semi rough roads.

Last edited:
OP
OP

2012EL3RDGEN

Reaction score
Back only?
I assumed it was all four corners. Just checked and the front is regular struts and shocks. Not sure of the options as I am the second owner. It has bags in the back and stability and sway control.

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assumed it was all four corners. Just checked and the front is regular struts and shocks. Not sure of the options as I am the second owner. It has bags in the back and stability and sway control.

The 3rd gen only has them in the back if at all.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, now to decide if to convert or replace air system?

I would keep it but most don't want the upkeep or extra cost for parts even though the cost has come down. I would opt for the smoother ride but they already converted mine which was almost a deal breaker when I bought it.