air suspension 911 help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Comparing the ride on the 05 to the ride on the 17. The air suspension on the 05 rode firmer than the spring shock combo on the 17. Not that the 17 has a bad ride, just different.

Thanks Andy. I experiencing the opposite my 03 Expy EB with struts rides a lot harder than my 13 Navigator with air suspension.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My expy is the coil overs in rear and I gotta say I drove it and my family members 2015 yukon denali back to back. My expy rides way better than their air ride Denali. The Denali really feels the bumps the expy just glides over.

OP
OP
F

Flippingroc

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give an update- the pump went and was a mere $150 on amazon. I was able to do it myself, but had a hard time with 1 connection otherwise super easy to get to. Should have taken me a mere 30 mins, but given my lack of tools and the area I did it, it took almost 3 hours. But im not mechanically inclined haha! I sell houses and put out fires and i'll stick to that!

93prostar190

Reaction score
My 2007 Expediton had the Air compressor go bad, and I replaced it with one from Suncore industries, that one seemed to die recently, and I suspected that it was working too much or too hard due to a leak, in any case the rear end sagged down and I was down to the bump stops.
I purchased a coil spring kit from Arnott (just the rears) and recently installed it myself .... not too bad a job if you can do brakes .... I did it in my own garage no lift just jack and stands...

In any case my early verdict is I am happy with the rear height being back to stock and the ride of the vehicle is very good again. I won't miss the air suspension troubleshooting. It was nice while it worked, but I like the setup now. Good luck!

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
My 2007 Expediton had the Air compressor go bad, and I replaced it with one from Suncore industries, that one seemed to die recently, and I suspected that it was working too much or too hard due to a leak, in any case the rear end sagged down and I was down to the bump stops.
I purchased a coil spring kit from Arnott (just the rears) and recently installed it myself .... not too bad a job if you can do brakes .... I did it in my own garage no lift just jack and stands...

In any case my early verdict is I am happy with the rear height being back to stock and the ride of the vehicle is very good again. I won't miss the air suspension troubleshooting. It was nice while it worked, but I like the setup now. Good luck!
Arnott is the only one that offers a module to keep the check suspension light off so I gotta ask, does it work?

93prostar190

Reaction score
I have not installed the module yet, but at first glance I was not able to match the wires like the schematic, but I believe I will be able to work it out. I will report back.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad you got it fixed.

I've replaced my rear bags, compressor, and air union coupler since purchased new in '97; all failed at different times. front air strut/shocks periodically as I have the four-corner load leveling suspension.