AirborneJordans Family Adventure rig.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
Hey every one. I have a question for anyone that may know. It is most likely been asked before but i have not been able to find the answer. So, I am looking into a lift for the truck now. I see the most common lift for out trucks is a 2 - 3 lift. When I park my truck on a level concrete surface it looks level ( stock ) when I measure it I get about 35 1/4 inches from the ground to the top of all 4 of the fender lips. Pretty level. SO.. why do most go with a 3 - 2 lift. ? I would think I would just want a 2" all around to keep it level.
Just hope to get some good thoughts on this. Anyone have an opinion?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
I am looking into the lift for my truck. I hope to get it in the next few week. Is there any opinion on the lift topic above. I would like to here your thoughts.

OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
I have a few new year up dates on my rig. Not really Christmas gifts to my self but it is a good way to justify it. I picked up a 2" lift. Also, bought a SCT X4 with 5 star tunnings tunes. I should have to tunes by manday. I am really looking fwd to playing with it. [emoji106]

Last edited:
OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
This is the front 2" lift. Also got 2" for the rear. 2f7ab362ef31583cde8dc214962a7288.jpg

OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
Truck pulled into the shop waiting on new parts.

Measured the fenders on my shop floor to Tripple check the height. In stock form I am getting 35 1/4 inches.

56c8661257cb95a4c96d83680ab46e43.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
Random picture installing the rear of the lift . the front has all ready been completed.

I have the pictures slightly out of order so that I can put the before and after shots right next to each other.
7493fb57ddd070dd2a2cca78829522c9.jpg

OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
Its not a huge difference only 2" all around.
Still running stock wheels and tires. The fenders are now comming in at 37 1/4. [emoji106]

I plan to get new wheels and tires eventually. I want to get through the crappy northern Ohio weather first due to all the salt on the roads. [emoji20]

The lighting in my shop is not very good. ( it is still under constriction) sorry the pictures are not the best. I will try to get some nice ones once I pull it out. ad02e5687d0b85cbdadcd3c8b0b932ea.jpg5ad434a12282b2fada0b615e88ee1755.jpg

OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
How was the alignment after installing the shims?
It is pretty far out. I will be taking it in to get it aligned on Monday or tues. I have not drove it yet. My plan is to drive it to the alignment shop first thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AirborneJordan

AirborneJordan

Reaction score
Well, it has been about 2 weeks so I figure it is about time for some new up dates.
With the new lift installed the truck alignment was way out of wack. I took it to a tire shop for an alighment. Here are the results.

Before,
ad840a11186010a12c8dd0442f31af52.jpg

After the second attempt,
d3f2d4a1ee3668bad43dcd3209e37132.jpg

Yes, Took them two tries to get it right. The first time they got every thing all alighned up but the camber. They worked on it for two hrs and got it as close as they could. Then after finishing up they gave me a big speach on lifted truck and how they need "camber bolts" for extra adjustments. In my mind with only 2" of lift they should be able to get it correct. O.well.... So I pull out of the shop and start down the road to find out the steering wheel is a full 1/4 trun out of being straight. I promptly called them back and explained that I felt that that was totally unacceptable. Well they can't work on it any more today and set up an apt for the next morning. The next morning I take it back get it on the rack. The shop got the steering all straight. Well what do you know, they were able to get all in spec. It was quite the head ache. At least they were able to get it.

Last edited: