Alarm Triggered - Vehicle Inclination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1000009563.png

Sitting in the driveway, but, next door neighbor's lawn (right next to driveway) was being mowed by one of those huge/loud zero turns. Wasn't hit, so, would the vibration do it? Strange...

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
100% can be triggered by vibration. I’m certain that’s looking for thieves rattling the doors or pry or sawing or whatever. I’ve seen them set off by trains and jets.

Also White lightning, LOL, love that!

Joann D

Reaction score
My alarm is triggered when the dogs are inside my vehicle and my door/tail gate is closed...trying to find a way to disengage when I don't want it to go off! Any ideas...have contacted Ford Canada...they could not help.

OP
OP
byathread

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My alarm is triggered when the dogs are inside my vehicle and my door/tail gate is closed...trying to find a way to disengage when I don't want it to go off! Any ideas...have contacted Ford Canada...they could not help.
Just found this in the manual/I've never selected "Perimeter only", mine defaults to "All Sensors":

Using the System
You can select two levels of alarm security.
You can change the level of security when
the ignition is switched off through the
information display with the
urity when
the ignition is switched off through the
information display with the two options
below:
Perimeter Only (If Equipped)
Perimeter only monitors the following:
• Doors.
• Hood.
• Liftgate.
All Sensors (If Equipped)
All sensors monitors the following:
• Doors.
• Hood.
• Liftgate.
• Movement inside your vehicle.
• Change in vehicle inclination

loulblades

Reaction score
Mine defaults to perimeter only since I leave bottles of water in the truck overnight due to leaving early in AM. Apparently the water freezing causes the plastic to sound similar to glass breaking.
Pretty irritating in the middle of the night.