All Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangdrifterx

Reaction score
im looking into replacing my worn out Hankooks on my 17 Expy El,and was lookin for any suggestions from this forums.I kinda want to buy General grabbers apt or atx,but im concerned bout the Atx's being too aggressive and make too much road noise on the highway.thanks in advance!

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws
They are excellent and road noise is minimal. I can’t tell a difference with the windows down and radio on.
Great traction in everything I have given it. No snow yet since I have had them but they are actually snow rated so I am going to guess they will do just fine.
Can’t beat the price either.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im looking into replacing my worn out Hankooks on my 17 Expy El,and was lookin for any suggestions from this forums.I kinda want to buy General grabbers apt or atx,but im concerned bout the Atx's being too aggressive and make too much road noise on the highway.thanks in advance!
Nitto Ridge grapplers. 35/11.50/20 with 1.25” BORA wheel spacers
4DE400E7-4371-4CFB-86D1-25845C64FD62.jpeg 62AFD4A1-5EB9-45AA-B421-4A424519D423.jpeg 03822D4A-55F0-4999-9AFD-D76149AC023C.jpeg

OP
OP
mustangdrifterx

mustangdrifterx

Reaction score
thanks for the great advice.this would be my first set of all terrain tires on my first family SUV.
I was looking to get Generals because of the price and also 100$ rebate,but I dont mind spending more on tires based on reviews from actual Expy owners.I will be using the stock factory size of 275/55/20.great looking rides!

Grover6

Reaction score
I have BFG KO2's in 285/55/20, and they have been great. I find them better than my Hankook iPike winter tires. Having said that, they are at the top end for price. So I am leaning hard toward the Falken Wildpeaks that Black mentioned. Winter traction is a big deal for me as it is a solid 5-6 months. The Falkens review very well and are reportedly very quiet.

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a set of the Falkens. I like them a lot but there are some issues.

They are heavy! 47lbs per tire. The father-in-law installed them for me and said they were a pain in the ass to install and get the bead to seat.

They were quiet at first, now after a few thousand miles on them I can hear them pretty clearly. My wife doesn't notice or care though. It's not loud really, just noticeable.

On road traction is great

Offroad traction is great

Recently had a microburst roll through and we got 1.75 inches of rain in about 20 minutes, I had to go rescue my family and they did amazingly. I was running over all sorts of debris, cactus, and junk. Not a single hole or issue.

Great tire.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my F150. Pleased with them so far. Good price and good reviews so decided to try them. Will probably go with another set on the expedition when the time comes.

Derp

Reaction score
mustangdrifterx - did you pick tires yet? what did you go with? I'm leaning towards the general grabbers atx, but I frequent dirt/snow and I liked the KO2s on my previous truck.

OP
OP
mustangdrifterx

mustangdrifterx

Reaction score
mustangdrifterx - did you pick tires yet? what did you go with? I'm leaning towards the general grabbers atx, but I frequent dirt/snow and I liked the KO2s on my previous truck.
Hey Derp, I went with General Grabbers APT's and so far I'm happy with them.they handle better on paved roads and highway.no difference in road noise between my new set and my old Hankook tires.
The truck steering is more responsive and handles better in turns.Havent gone off road yet.
I only had the tires for 2 weeks so I have a long way to go to break them in yet.I was afraid of the ATX's would be too harsh of a ride or road noise on the highway.