Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry Burden

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 expo limited and I have had an issue with android auto when connected and receiving a call. I dont hear any audio and the caller can't hear me. No issues with calling out or when the phone is connected to bluetooth (and not android auto). My phone is a note 20 ultra running android 11 and my sync software is up to date. Am I the only one having this issue? And any recommendations?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 expo limited and I have had an issue with android auto when connected and receiving a call. I dont hear any audio and the caller can't hear me. No issues with calling out or when the phone is connected to bluetooth (and not android auto). My phone is a note 20 ultra running android 11 and my sync software is up to date. Am I the only one having this issue? And any recommendations?

I know you said you Sync is up to date...but what is it the version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is an issue with Android, Google chrome and an update in past 24 hours that cripples certain apps. You might have same problem with Android infotainment.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my vehicle since I owned it. I'm curious to hear what the fix might be as well.

Please post your Sync version...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I switched to IPhone no issues other than pocket lint getting packed into the phone socket and causing usb connectivity issues.
As one friend put it only one phone maker is considered secure the rest are just hackers toys.. Yeah he’s in cyber security biz. No apps, just base OS is his thing.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I switched to IPhone no issues other than pocket lint getting packed into the phone socket and causing usb connectivity issues.
As one friend put it only one phone maker is considered secure the rest are just hackers toys.. Yeah he’s in cyber security biz. No apps, just base OS is his thing.

That is true. iPhone 12 is the most secure consumer phone to date, other than hardened BlackBerry’s back in the day.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is true. iPhone 12 is the most secure consumer phone to date, other than hardened BlackBerry’s back in the day.

Pixels were just ranked higher in several tests recently due to the Titan chip. Doesn't mean third party apps are secure (as we all know Apple is far more tight about app security in the AppStore than Google), but the phone itself, stored biometrics, etc, are very secure with Titan. It's actually the same cryptographic chip Google uses in their public cloud servers (just scaled down).

As for the OP, I've had this same issue for a couple years now, regardless of what version of AA, Sync, Android, etc. The fix in general is to set the Bluetooth phone settings to use the phone ringtone. This only seems to work sometimes, and it makes no sense as AA is wired, but there is a conflict between AA and Sync on all versions. It seems to work sometimes for me when I change this setting. But be forewarned, new updates seem to overwrite the setting. Here's a video showing how to change the setting. How to Change the Alert Tone in my Ford F-150 - YouTube

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pixels were just ranked higher in several tests recently due to the Titan chip. Doesn't mean third party apps are secure (as we all know Apple is far more tight about app security in the AppStore than Google), but the phone itself, stored biometrics, etc, are very secure with Titan. It's actually the same cryptographic chip Google uses in their public cloud servers (just scaled down).

As for the OP, I've had this same issue for a couple years now, regardless of what version of AA, Sync, Android, etc. The fix in general is to set the Bluetooth phone settings to use the phone ringtone. This only seems to work sometimes, and it makes no sense as AA is wired, but there is a conflict between AA and Sync on all versions. It seems to work sometimes for me when I change this setting. But be forewarned, new updates seem to overwrite the setting. Here's a video showing how to change the setting. How to Change the Alert Tone in my Ford F-150 - YouTube

One Android phone...but I get it. At least Google is taking it more seriously now!

Rezolution

Reaction score
So believe it or not... The fix for me, I found on a forum a year ago. You have to go into the Ford menu for the phone settings and change the ringtone from the Ford one to "use phone ringtone" and that solved the issue. Whenever things get updated, it reverts back and you'll need to change it back again to use phone ringtone.

Let me know if this solves your issue.