Annoying Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just don't push the button twice. Once silently locks it. Twice and it beeps to confirm. Really, why is this a big deal? Unless it's different in my '19. I just checked and it doesn't beep when a passenger door is opened as yours does.

Part of the issue is if the vehicle is idling and you jump out for a minute and shut the driver's door, it honks the horn twice as the OP stated. It's VERY annoying especially early in the morning/late at night when trying not to disturb others.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Wayne. Roger on the 1 push for door lock - that's not a big deal. So your 2019 does not sound the horn when opening/closing the passenger doors under the following conditions?

- engine running and in park
- driver door closed (seat unoccupied)
- FOB in your pocket

Mine sounded every time I opened and closed the door while cycling the power door steps. Maybe someone has been playing with FORScan before I got it :).

I stand corrected. Given those conditions it does beep- and the displays says "No Key Detected".

Never noticed it. I usually leave the key in car. And I live in the woods with no immediate neighbors. And it's not a very loud beep.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cut the horn wires....
You fail emission testing without horn. I’m sure your being sarcastic but the double honk ‘feature’ is annoying enough to make this a viable alternative. I disabled mine and anytime I get a loaner I need to bring extra underwear just in case I forget and get out of the vehicle.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I asked my dealer to turn it off and they said they couldn't do it.
If they do not know how then here is the coding. Just change the digit where the question mark is from 1 to 0.

Double Horn Honk (2018) - Turns off the double honk you get when you exit your running vehicle with the keyfob with you
BdyCM 726-41-02 ***? xxxx xxxx Change ? To: 0-disable (off), 1-enable (on-default)

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The horn is soooo loud and the thing waits like 2-3 seconds, so you usually end up walking right in front of it and it blows your ears out and scares the crap out of you even when you are expecting it! lol.

3DogRanch

Reaction score
Hi Wayne. Roger on the 1 push for door lock - that's not a big deal. So your 2019 does not sound the horn when opening/closing the passenger doors under the following conditions?

- engine running and in park
- driver door closed (seat unoccupied)
- FOB in your pocket

Mine sounded every time I opened and closed the door while cycling the power door steps. Maybe someone has been playing with FORScan before I got it :).

My 2019 does this and yes, annoying as hell. I get out to get the mail at the mailbox which is down a steep driveway from the house, and shut the door, and leave it running to keep the A/C going. Honk, honk! Drives me insane.

I have a Forescan tool and the software, but haven't had the time at home to use it yet. Suposedly this is a common 'adjustment' among some other cool things that can be 'unlocked' if you paid for the 202A package but didn't pay for the Platinum edition. Time and patience will tell.

Reaction score
Forscan is the way to go as long as you're not a total moron and can pay attention to what you're doing. Ford did us all a solid by putting a lot of features in the software of these trucks right out of the box. Many of them simply aren't enabled right away. Just to list a few that I've added:

- Bambi mode, fogs with high beams.
- Auto mirrors on reversing. Mirrors change angle in reverse. (brilliant)
- No double honk on exiting vehicle while running. (super annoying, and the dealer WONT dont it for you)
- GT Performance splash screen and different themes available on infotainment screen.
- Heated/Cooled seat and steering wheel heat control on screen.

Plus more. All very easy to add because the programming is already in the factory computer. It just needs to be turned on by someone who's savvy enough with a laptop.

As for the honk on locking...... just one press does the job. after that, you're just making noise. But I'm sure there's a setting for that too.