Annoying Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickExpy

Reaction score
I've taught myself to not shut the door completely so not to beep the horn twice with the fob in my pocket. I also do this to not exercise the running boards in and out so much. And if I'm going in the back door and the front door on the same side I close one door and quickly open the other door to save the running boards. My dumb logic, lol

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've taught myself to not shut the door completely so not to beep the horn twice with the fob in my pocket. I also do this to not exercise the running boards in and out so much. And if I'm going in the back door and the front door on the same side I close one door and quickly open the other door to save the running boards. My dumb logic, lol

I do the same thing...haha. Figure there’s not reason to make running boards do their dance more often than necessary.

HockeyPuck99

Reaction score

Along with these links that Bow512 posted, this is the link to the Forscan thread for the 2015-2017 Expeditions. Its a long thread but it has all you need to know about how to use Forscan and the spreadsheets in the links do have changes for 2018+ models. On my 2017, I did disable the double honk when I left the car running and exited the car with my keys using Forscan.

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/forscan-tweaks-2015.32082/

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do the same thing...haha. Figure there’s not reason to make running boards do their dance more often than necessary.

See I'm to opposite. I want something to break so I feel like the extended warranty was worth the extra cost lol.

Lugnut

Reaction score
So, with the MX+ OBD plug, will Forscan let you make changes using iOS yet, or am I still PC bound with the standard MX If i want to disable this damn double honk?

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone posted a link to a chip that just plugs into the OBD port to disable the double honk. Unfortunately, I didn't save the link and now I can't find it. Maybe he will be kind enough to add it to this post.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score

LOL. I'm doing the same until I get the courage to invest in a ForSCAN system.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score