Another Round of Guess the Damage $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Clemson82

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the answer is.... It's being repaired! The adjuster cam out this morning and the initial damage estimate is 8k, but they said it will likely go up once it gets to the shop. No frame damage and nothing engine / transmission related (at first glance anyway).

To answer the question above about having more damage in the front than the rear... I'm not exactly sure what happened when he hit me. The two cars in front of me stopped suddenly and one went to the left and onto the median to avoid hitting the one in front of him. I saw them stopping hard and was able to also stop myself.
I was hit by a Ford Crown Victoria who did not see me stop, and he pushed me into both of them. It was incredible how far he pushed me (they're pretty heavy cars). The front of the Crown Victoria was destroyed. The adjuster was not surprise by the amount of damage and said it would be typical for where the front of his car hit my bumper.

When I get it back, I'll post an update with pictures.

RobE

Reaction score
And the answer is.... It's being repaired!

Surprised with over 8k+ damage on it. Once it is fixed, drive it until it rusts to the frame or the wheels fall off. Post your VIN on this thread so 5 years from now a google search will pop up with photos to the damage if you decide to sell it or trade it in on a 2026 all electric Ford Expedition.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the answer is.... It's being repaired! The adjuster cam out this morning and the initial damage estimate is 8k, but they said it will likely go up once it gets to the shop. No frame damage and nothing engine / transmission related (at first glance anyway).

To answer the question above about having more damage in the front than the rear... I'm not exactly sure what happened when he hit me. The two cars in front of me stopped suddenly and one went to the left and onto the median to avoid hitting the one in front of him. I saw them stopping hard and was able to also stop myself.
I was hit by a Ford Crown Victoria who did not see me stop, and he pushed me into both of them. It was incredible how far he pushed me (they're pretty heavy cars). The front of the Crown Victoria was destroyed. The adjuster was not surprise by the amount of damage and said it would be typical for where the front of his car hit my bumper.

When I get it back, I'll post an update with pictures.

Good luck - let us know what the final tally is.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well every state is different. I’m surprised....at least you’ll have a lot of new parts on it. If no frame damage fixing it is good and fine.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got in a rear end in my 2007 the damage was similar (doors and hood wouldn’t open). The adjuster said the frame was fine but that the fenders get jacked up. They’ll be replacing half the body sheet metal on that truck lol.

Look at it this way, you’ll get a new hood and liftgate so no more bubbling paint!!

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clean looking Florida truck may have made a difference if was a salt truck, will change the value of your truck when they put this on car fax. Seems like the person that hit you should have to compensate you for your loss in value.

OP
OP
Clemson82

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update - Damage is over $10k now. Truck is still in the shop, they can't find parts. No ETA. Ford can't even give them a date as to when the parts will be available.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update - Damage is over $10k now. Truck is still in the shop, they can't find parts. No ETA. Ford can't even give them a date as to when the parts will be available.

That adjuster is going to be working at Chick-fil-A this time next year. :D

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My roofer ordered a 2021 F-150 and his truck keeps getting delayed and Ford won’t give him a date because they can’t get chips. He just had to extend the lease on his current truck.