Another Round of Guess the Damage $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was rear-ended and pushed into two other vehicles. What do you think the repair cost will be?

2014 Limited, 99,000 miles
- Hood doesn't open
- Passenger door doesn't open
- Drivers door opens partially (with loud popping noise)
- Drives, but steering wheel points one way, wheels point the other
- Lift gate does open, but is pushed in right under the handle, hard to see in pics
20210410_154105710_iOS.jpg 20210410_154116035_iOS.jpg DSCF0004.JPG.png DSCF0003.jpg

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having been through similar in a vehicle that was about 7 years older than yours with a likely lower cost of repair parts and less extensive damage and it being $3200....my guess 6-6500.

My doors opened fine but front end was shot like yours though hood opened and my trunk lid escaped damage, just the bumper took the hit in the rear.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was rear-ended and pushed into two other vehicles. What do you think the repair cost will be?

2014 Limited, 99,000 miles
- Hood doesn't open
- Passenger door doesn't open
- Drivers door opens partially (with loud popping noise)
- Drives, but steering wheel points one way, wheels point the other
- Lift gate does open, but is pushed in right under the handle, hard to see in pics
View attachment 41508 View attachment 41509 View attachment 41510 View attachment 41511

Total.

Let us know what insurance adjuster says.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you get rear ended first but the front looks like it has way more damage. Were you just to close to the car in front of you?

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When my 2000 was rear ended it actually bent the frame (was hard to see until you saw it) right above the drivers side wheel. And mine looked much better than yours. I'd check it closely. Replacing the rear section of frame behind the wheels is $4500 by itself. Probably looking at a total if any frame damage.

RobE

Reaction score
I don't think you will get a detailed line item quote to fix that. The insurance adjuster is going to come out, take a look and then tell you it is economically unrepairable. I would start cleaning out your items and prepare it for the insurance company to tow it. Start looking for a new 3rd Gen Expedition. The good ones are hard to find. It took me two months to find my 2011 King Ranch in the condition and color I wanted and I had to drive 6hrs to get it.