Another running board question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heelbilly

Reaction score
Searched but unable to find this specific question...

Running board settings change to "off" from "auto" pretty much nightly. Battery and alternator test good, so coming to the interwebs for advice. Any suggestions?

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If 15 through 17, these are super sensitive to voltage variations and are programmed to shut down features to "protect" the battery charge.

Do you have a battery tender? If so put it on at night with the RBs in the "Auto" position and see if they still turn off.

OP
OP
H

Heelbilly

Reaction score
It's a 17. I had to replace the positive terminal end about a month ago due to corrosion. Everything else looked good. I do not have a battery tender, but will look into one to try. Thanks.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a 17. I had to replace the positive terminal end about a month ago due to corrosion. Everything else looked good. I do not have a battery tender, but will look into one to try. Thanks.
I also have a 17 and if your battery terminal looked like the pic below, your positive terminal is leaking acid, which is what destroyed the terminal. Common problem with this year Expy. Do yourself a favor and replace the battery sooner rather than later.

I still think the problem you reported is related to the battery, even more so now, with the info about the terminal. Make sure the power management parts are properly installed on the positive terminal.

1708692015230.jpeg

OP
OP
H

Heelbilly

Reaction score
Kind of a hijack of the topic here, but we have also noticed our heated/cooled front seats aren't working. Switches power up and stay on, but no heat/cool. Sometimes you hear the blower. It's not the melted terminal, I checked that. Could the battery/voltage related stuff cause this as well? If not, I'll start a separate thread for advice.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My DW's '13 King Ranch with 55k, all bells and whistles, still perfect. So in an abundance of superstition, I'm going to quit reading these posts!