Any idea what this is?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something the previous owner added. It was double side taped to the middle of the dash near the bottom of the windshield. There are no markings nor logos nor anything else on it. The wire goes along the dash and down the right side somewhere behind the glove box.

20210220_175240.jpg

OP
OP
postwick

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did find a manual in the truck for a Cobra radar detector, was thinking maybe it was for that. But there's nothing in the manual that looks like the photo above, and it looks like the radar detector would've just been mounted to the windshield or dash. I did find a 12v power wire that comes out of the left A pillar and was tucked down under the defroster vent. I gave it a tug and it just pulled out from under the vent, and the end was obviously cut. I'm guessing the radar detector was hard wired and at some point removed (or stolen) and whoever removed it just cut the wire.

So I still don't know what the thing in the above photo is.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
That right there is a 2 billion jigawatt multiplex transformer to minimize parasitic oscillation during time travel. :rolleyes: