Anyone ever use powerstop slotted rotors/pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So am I mistaken...I hear a ton of people mention that they warp their rotors when I do believe in actuality most normal drivers are just wearing out the rotors unevenly rather than actually warping them... maybe it’s pedantic but it’s worth mentioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My fronts had warped like crazy a while back and had rust burres that were causing an intense deathly shake. They do indeed warp. I replaced all four all the way around this last week with Motorcraft rotors and powerstop pads. My fronts weren't old but wanted them all to be new and the same age.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So in theory if our rotors are always installed properly to OEM torque specs, we should never experience the brake judders? Unless pad material is building up on them which I know can also cause this. Which is another argument against spending the money on drilled and slotted unless you really feel you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had the slotted PowerStop brakes on my 2000 Expy. No complaints at all. Good quality at a fair price.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt if there is any silver bullet when is come to the pads. I would never spend a bunch on hyped up pads.

Yes, ceramic pads. They are quieter, create less friction, never bite into the rotors and last 4x longer than semi-metallic or metallic.

The first time I tried them, I was a convert. They are well worth the extra cost... and FAR beyond! Also, with ceramic pads, you won't need slotted rotors (much less heat).

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, ceramic pads. They are quieter, create less friction, never bite into the rotors and last 4x longer than semi-metallic or metallic.

The first time I tried them, I was a convert. They are well worth the extra cost... and FAR beyond! Also, with ceramic pads, you won't need slotted rotors (much less heat).
Had both, ceramics have a downside and don't last 4 times, not even twice.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I’ve had ceramic and hated them. Drive on the highway for awhile, exit and hit the brakes while on the off ramp....... and it felt like it took way more pressure to get it to stop. Cold ceramic pads = horrible cold bite. If the pads were warmed up, they did OK. So I guess you’re correct when you say ceramic pads “create less friction”. But friction is what’s needed to stop a vehicle.

But they do keep the wheels cleaner.....

I pulled off the ceramic pads and put on Hawk LTS. Talk about a difference maker! Can actually stop when the brakes are cold. I don’t know about you, but I don’t always have the luxury of bringing my brake pads up to temperature before I need them.

And the Hawk LTS aren’t very dusty either.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus