Anyone ever use powerstop slotted rotors/pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fort C

Reaction score
Replace my 2015 Limited OEM fronts last year. Original rosters warped and gave me a wicked shimmy when breaking. The pads that came with the rioters are ‘organtic’ not porciline like the OEMs. = more wear, more dust less heat. I thought about re using the OEM pads, but at least one of them was cracked and, well, new pads came with the rotors. So...
I waxed up the wheels while I had them off to help with the dust. There is defiantly more dust, but the Ltd. wheels are not too bad to clean.

Two thumbs up for performance, so far!

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. That must be it *******.
That’s exactly what it is. If you were pushing it then you should have experienced brake fade at some point. I have Brembo 6 piston calipers with R1 Concept rotors and HPS pads (no offense but it’s a much more robust setup then what’s on your GT) and experience some sort of fade at some point out on the track nearly every track day I go to. It’s a natural part of track driving. Next time you go to VIR try to brake a little later and a lot harder and see if they don’t start to fade a little bit. Oh and your lap times should come down a bit to

And there’s No need for name calling, we’re all friends here

I never got into a ******* match with gxr, he claimed to be an optometrist and tried to tell me what my eyes were seeing and I simply called him out on it. Funny thing is after speaking to a real optometrist at my yearly eye exam. I told him what claims had been made and his reply to me was “this person on this forum you’re on has no idea what he is talking about and needs to go back to school”.

There isn’t anything in this world much worse than a know it all, especially when they don’t know it all :burnout:

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I deleted my response and will just have to block him. Not dealing with his crap anymore

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them on all of my vehicles, including my work trucks/vans. I live in the mountains and am always on the brakes for curves and grades. I bought them first for a 2500 work van that would always shimmy badly and fade at the end of a steep grade. It was amazing the difference it made! Since then, I have put them on all of my vehicles and will surely put them on the ‘18 expo. I have them on my 4Runner, had them on my wife’s ‘16 explorer platinum, 3 work vehicles, etc. I have never noticed any additional dust. I can’t say I have been focused on looking for dust, but I have never noticed any additional.

I can’t say I have noticed dramatically decreased braking distances but they absolutely help reduce fade and warping.

Anyone asking why you would need these on an SUV and that they are not sports cars must not understand physics!! Unless you are tracking a sports car,which most don’t, you are MUCH more likely to experience the negative effects of heat on brakes in a full size SUV vs a small, light, sports car.

Myfender

Reaction score
I bought Power Stop KC3167 Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Kit with Calipers
I have used powerstop for years on different vehicles.
I had a pulse on my front rotors so bought these to replace, calipers not worth it, standard single piston, ya they are red but... I thought the dust was unusual for ceramic pads. rotors seem good stop good. towed our wake boat over some passes, no issues with fade.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AGBSR34/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reaction score
I used a Power Stop setup on the front of a 2002 Explorer Sport, and the difference in stopping power was incredible. The factory brakes may as well have been drums. The pads that came with the kit were dusty, but they worked very well.

The best street brakes setup I have found is EBC slotted/dimpled rotors with Hawk HPS or EBC Greenstuff/Yellowstuff pads. The Hawk pads seem to be less dusty. I have these parts on three cars now.

mbed

Reaction score
I'm prepping to do an entire brake job and looking for opinions on the powerstop brand. I already ordered them through rockauto but if the reviews are bad I'll just send them back. Thoughts?

View attachment 23708

View attachment 23709
I put on Brakeperformance.com slotted and dimpled several years back and they've lasted much longer than previous...on an 08 EL, about 12-15K per year