Anyone install a Readylift leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any reason why you can’t use those shocks on a Max XLT?

You can if you are not using a spacer.

You can’t safely run a spacer on top of a 5100. The 5100 body and shaft are not the same length as the factory shock. Even though there is a factory ride height setting the spring perch ring is not the same height as factory and the body and shaft being longer adding a spacer to the top will likely bend your shaft.
To top it off a 3” spacer combined with the OEM height notch on the 5100 will likely give you a combined lift of 4” if not higher due to the design of the 5100.
And from personal experience 4” of lift on these rigs is not a good thing. I did it for a week and it was not fun.

So at this point in the game for 18+ models with the available options you are stuck with a 1.5” lift and better shocks using the Bilsteins or a 3/2 lift and stick with with factory shocks.

jolexey

Reaction score
You can if you are not using a spacer.

You can’t safely run a spacer on top of a 5100. The 5100 body and shaft are not the same length as the factory shock. Even though there is a factory ride height setting the spring perch ring is not the same height as factory and the body and shaft being longer adding a spacer to the top will likely bend your shaft.
To top it off a 3” spacer combined with the OEM height notch on the 5100 will likely give you a combined lift of 4” if not higher due to the design of the 5100.
And from personal experience 4” of lift on these rigs is not a good thing. I did it for a week and it was not fun.

So at this point in the game for 18+ models with the available options you are stuck with a 1.5” lift and better shocks using the Bilsteins or a 3/2 lift and stick with with factory shocks.

Can you explain what you experienced? I’d like to get 1” more out of the rear as I think it looks like it’s sagging about that compared to the front.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much are you sagging? There are a number of 2.5” rear spacers on eBay. Have not seen a 3” rear spacer. 3” in the rear MIGHT be doable if you can find someone to make them (couple of the eBay folks will do custom heights).
Or you could go to a 2” front spacer though may need some trimming for 35s though.

If you have the 3/2 lift theoretically you should not be experiencing a visual sag to the rear.
Did you measure before and after heights? Something else could be awry.

I can only speak to the issues of 4” of lift in the front. At that much length the strut was pretty close to full extension and while there was space between the UCA and the spring it was very minimal.
Hitting bumps that pushed the wheel/suspension up we’re not too bad one could could just tell the strut was being overworked. Hard to describe but the dampening had a very rigid feel not smooth and fluid.
As for holes and major dips, where your wheel/suspension goes down, old on to your butts!
You could hear and feel that strut was way over extended even at slow speeds. At higher speed, I never made it over 60 and usually kept it around 45 and made sure to stay way from holes and the like as much as possible, you could feel the entire corner of the truck drop since there was no more ability for the strut to extend and you would get a pretty serious clunk. I presume the UCA meeting the spring.
You hit a hole in a turn there was zero dampening and your wheel would jerk even further in the direction it was turned.
Couple bad pucker moments for sure when that happened.
Not fun at all and truly not safe. I drove it very very little at 4”.
Granted you have a newer generation but even when I had 4” up front and 2” in the rear I had no noticeable rear end sag. This is still with stock tires.
83AF3223-85F6-4279-BE17-97E7FB5EF3D3.jpeg

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much are you sagging? There are a number of 2.5” rear spacers on eBay. Have not seen a 3” rear spacer. 3” in the rear MIGHT be doable if you can find someone to make them (couple of the eBay folks will do custom heights).
Or you could go to a 2” front spacer though may need some trimming for 35s though.

If you have the 3/2 lift theoretically you should not be experiencing a visual sag to the rear.
Did you measure before and after heights? Something else could be awry.

I can only speak to the issues of 4” of lift in the front. At that much length the strut was pretty close to full extension and while there was space between the UCA and the spring it was very minimal.
Hitting bumps that pushed the wheel/suspension up we’re not too bad one could could just tell the strut was being overworked. Hard to describe but the dampening had a very rigid feel not smooth and fluid.
As for holes and major dips, where your wheel/suspension goes down, old on to your butts!
You could hear and feel that strut was way over extended even at slow speeds. At higher speed, I never made it over 60 and usually kept it around 45 and made sure to stay way from holes and the like as much as possible, you could feel the entire corner of the truck drop since there was no more ability for the strut to extend and you would get a pretty serious clunk. I presume the UCA meeting the spring.
You hit a hole in a turn there was zero dampening and your wheel would jerk even further in the direction it was turned.
Couple bad pucker moments for sure when that happened.
Not fun at all and truly not safe. I drove it very very little at 4”.
Granted you have a newer generation but even when I had 4” up front and 2” in the rear I had no noticeable rear end sag. This is still with stock tires.
View attachment 29973
Looks like your truck goes to the gym and always skips leg day