Anyone Using a Performance Programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjamin

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 5.4 Expy and am towing about 6000# and need to stay in 3rd gear to maintain 65mph, getting a approx. 7.5 mpg. I was researching the Superchips programmer and it states that it will adjust shift patterns and has 3 settings:

87oct. w/towing
91oct. w/Towing
91oct. perfromance no towing.

I guess my question is does anyone use the above model or a similar one with equal settings? If so, are the hp/torque gains dependent upon what setting you are in? Is the programmer worth the money?

That 7.5 mpg is on the flat land and I'm terrified how bad it will be when we take hills.

Bjamin

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just got my truck and i have been looking at different ways to power it up and get better fuel milage and what i have found is the superchips max micro tuner is a better tuner then the hypertech power programmer. i mean the power programmer is cheaper but as far as power goes it make half as much as the max micro tunner but the max micro tuner is 465.25 and the hypertech is 350 yes you can adjust the shift points with both programmers i mean both programmers have the same features but one make half as much power as the other one

garyfort

Reaction score
i just purchesed a superchips max micro and installed it on my 97 expy and will let u guys know how things are dowing in a few days