Apparently my Expedition doesn't like the rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
98EXPY 5-0, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but if it is only a TSB, the dealership will not fix it for free. TSBs will only be fixed for free when under the original factory 3YR/36K mile warrantee. The fix is simply having the windshield removed and then re-sealed. It will cost you about $100.

I didn't think it would be covered for free. Maybe I just need to follow the snow plows around this winter. A few years ago I was behind a plow and it kicked something up that cracked my windshield. It was a free replacement under my insurance. Oh well. I bought some sealant specific for windshields. I used silicone last time with held for a while, but is now leaking again.

tinkering

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im pretty sure there was a TSB on this exact problem... You can go to any local dealer and have them checked the history to see if this was done. If it wasnt done they are obligated to do the TSB at no cost to you.
This thread is 10 years or more old but applies to me now.

If there is an effective and low cost way to seal that leak myself, I would rather do that than spend time at the dealer.

Last edited:

tinkering

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can see where this seal is leaking under the rubber at that channel on the roof, as well as other places likely where there is rust happening etc.
After cleaning and preparing along there, what is the best sealant to apply in there?
I need a windshield something fierce but don't want to spring right now.

Attachments

• 20210707_145634.jpg
    20210707_145634.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 5