Apples to apples Plati just driving around town

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sounds like how I like to drive get there and cruise. Will try it.

13.8 is only 80% of 17 rated so just hoping maybe it could be tuned better. I got 15 actual 16 rated on the cady 93% rated so it isn't all the foot.
Clean all the MAP sensors, nkt sure where they are but on my 16 there’s one just past intake box, One just before TB, and the most important one on top of manifold. This is the dirtiest, yours is probably coated in blow by, eventhough ford said they fixed that issue by doing both DI and port injection. These 10 speeds still need a catch can which is apparent on the f150 forum. Plenty of guys catching a ton of blow by on 10 speeds still. Clean those off with some CRC MAF sensor cleaner. Pull the bat cable and turn your headlights on for 30-45 minutes to reset all your fuel trims, AFRs, mileage etc. it’s a KAM reset. Look up fordtech makuloco who’s done some videos on correct way to do the KAM reset. Report back. Now not to cause issues but me 2016 on 35s and e34 tune gets 17. But I clean my sensors and have a catch can and I can tel when the manifold one is dirty bc mileage starts to drop. Cleaned it off reinstalled and KAM reset mpg goes right back up

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, just want to compare mileage. Bought my 2019 plati CPO with ~19,000 miles. I just refilled after my first full tank I filled with 93 octane. Results were abysmal having read milage quotes In the 15 to 19's I'm sitting at calculated 12.7. (Total disappointment) Disappointed doesn't come close to my reaction more like WTF? I love the truck. Lots or pluses but this Forum proports these trucks to get 15-19 city. I just want to get a real what I get when I don't GIVEAFUxK about what I'm doing driving around town. Just get there, avoid idiots and listen to the BO sound which is not all that. If it is what it is fine. If not I need it fixed.

12.7 Is not even close to expected or even FORD claimed MPG of 17/23.5. That is 100 miles less per tank. Not nothing.

I also find that it depends on what the city driving is like. A lot of short blocks and lights/stop signs, then it will go down. Longer stretches between lights and stop signs you will get better.

My city driving environment is more like the former. Therefore, I usually get between 12-13 mpg city. Highway I usually get 19-23 mpg depending on headwinds/tailwinds.

After 8000 miles, I am tracking right around 14.5 mpg with probably 60-70% city driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You drive 6,000lbs of steel with an engine that puts out as much horsepower as Ferraris did 20 years ago and complain about 13mpg?

I hear Prius offers a wagon now. If fuel economy is your primary factor, then you bought the wrong vehicle.

When I drive in NYC traffic I’m lucky to get 10mpg. On the highway I average 22mpg. In suburban settings I average 16mpg. Far too many factors with regards to traffic, intersections, idling and driver habits that affect those numbers.

Your expedition is a fine vehicle. You just seem to have bought it with unrealistic expectations.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pretty much concur. Driving around town with very little highway, I'm 15-17. Highway, without too many morons, 22. Highway for me out here is 75-80 (sometimes more). When we moved out here, my wife followed me in the Penske truck at 65 and she was getting 24-25.

You don't buy a 6000 pound brick for mpg, but 12 seems low. Maybe that right foot is a tad heavy.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks DM. Your 12 makes me feel better that somethings not wrong. Longest trip to date was home from dealer 80 miles. The rest is all local COVID miles to the store, take-out and back etc. So you are saying 17 city requires ******* off all my fellow ccomputers? Being the driver I yell at all the time?

17 city would make you "that guy" ! lol.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My in city mileage sucks. Trip computer shows about 12-13 around town. One thing I've noticed is that there's a big mileage jump (increase in fuel efficiency) once the engine and transmission are fully warmed up. But most of our trips in town are so short the "not-yet-warm" fuel economy dominates our averages.