Auto Shut Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spend your time blaming the EPA for Auto Stop Start.
I blame the manufacturer because they are the ones fighting for top slot on the MPG sales sticker to attract eco buyers. Lots of cars sold today do not have that feature.

Michael D Morris

Reaction score
The best way to make your battery live a longer life as well as your starter is to disable the AS&S each time you drive. Its the dumbest feature ever and doesn't really save much gas anyways
Every time the engine shuts off, the oil drains to the sump. Every time it starts, the oil needs to be pulled from the sump and pumped back to the engine. That two seconds of low oil for 30 times a day cannot be good for your engine. Do yourself a favor and buy one of those auto start relays that keeps your auto-start-stop in the "off" mode.

klimford

Reaction score
Count your blessings. Many owners have spent $90 to bypass this "feature".

Last edited:

Andrew Tugwell

Reaction score
Battery is going out. Many features will not work correctly with tired battery. Make sure to get correct battery for your vehicle. There are special

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Expedition and all of a sudden, my auto shut off is not working. What might have happened to cause this?
You were cursing under your breath at the silliness of the system, and it was mistaken for a prayer, which was answered.
But trying a new battery would be a good idea. You will lose other functions, like your rear door unlock sensors and Interior lights will go out in just a few seconds instead of 10 minutes.