Auxiliary driving light mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emtmark

Reaction score
In my humble opinion
All bull bars do is make sure any small collisions create maximum damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Anchorclanker

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
And that is attached to the top grill bracket (has 4 torx screws holding it down)?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

emtmark

Reaction score
There is a plastic beauty plate covering the gap I took that off and I bolted into something underneath I might be able to look later when I get home

OP
OP
Anchorclanker

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
No need. I know that piece. (Changed my grill earlier this year). I'll set it back far enough to clear that center bracket. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my humble opinion
All bull bars do is make sure any small collisions create maximum damage

Which is kinda useful if you bump into fences, grocery carts, or "no parking whatsoever" signs

emtmark

Reaction score
Damage done is almost never to the object rather the bull bar bending back into the soft molding and plastic facia of the vehicle. At best they are mounting positions for lights. Google around I’m not the only person with this conclusion. A real bull bar that is actually designed to toss cattle is insanely heavy. If you can lift a bumper off the ground with one arm I would question the products ability to protect your vehicle.

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most bumpers today are lightweight. I can lift the entire front bumper of my 2000 explorer with one hand. Of course that makes it a lot easier to get on and off to. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk